František Drdla (1868-1944) Violin Concerto, Op.245 (New thread)

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 08 August 2019, 23:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

I must apologise for permitting a commercial recording of Drdla's VC to 'escape' via the thread I had initiated on this subject. I had originally sought guidance as to how to download the work as the website concerned is in Czech.

If anyone can help me through the ordering process, I would be very grateful. Hence this new thread.

Here's the link: https://www.radioteka.cz/detail/CRo_xml_11693030/

If anyone already has this download, please do not upload it to UC.

Martin Eastick

Hello Alan,

Having ordered and paid for this download from the official site yesterday (as well as a couple of other items of interest!), I did get a little confused along the way, but the items that I ordered are still showing in "my account" under the "downloads" section. Each separate item has a box to click on to download the Zip files to my computer, which I eventually was able to do without any further problem, and I have now burnt these on to a CD successfully! Hope this is of help!

Alan Howe

Wheesht

I, too used the site to order a few items for download. It took me a little longer than usual because I had to put all the bits and pieces of textual information through an online Czech translator first and check the currency exchange rate (to find that prices are not high at all), but then the payment by credit card was straightforward enough – much the same as with other online orders. Hope this helps!

Alan Howe

Wheesht

I had to register, but I half expected that, and I opted out of newsletters and such.

Alan Howe

Hooray! With some guesswork and Google Translate I've managed to pay for the mp3s - and successfully download them!

The cost was minuscule: 55 Koruna = £1.97!! Yes, I've double-checked my credit card transactions and £1.97 appears in my pending section.

TerraEpon

The FLAC is only 10 Koruna more expensive, though it's showing 49 for the Mp3 and 59 for the FLAC....how did you get 55?

Alan Howe

See my original link for the three mp3s: 25Kč + 15Kč + 15Kč = 55Kč.

Who cares anyway? They're charging peanuts...