Catoire Symphony

Started by Alan Howe, Saturday 02 July 2011, 10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrexia

Oddly enough. ALthough i already had the catoire symphony from a radio broadcast.  It took me only 5 minutes to download a symphony from that russian website.

Tony

Mark Thomas

As far as uploading the Catoire Symphony is concerned, I suppose I don't mind provided that this is not a currently available recording.

JimL

eschiss1

erf, as Mark said in the second thread of the Downloads subforum, link urls please (either with the insert hyperlink button or using url= ... /url inside brackets.)

Mark Thomas adds: Eric's message refers to the a post now moved to the Downloads board.

herrarte

Oops. My bad! Apologies, won't happen again.

Cheers?!

eschiss1

apologies for my temper, and thank you :)

JimL

I downloaded it twice, but apparently I don't have a program that can play it.  I only have mp3, and couldn't open it.  What to do?

eschiss1

what format is it in? there may be a converter for your operating system and computer. I had this problem with the Simpson cello concerto (but for that one was able to find a free converter that worked on my Mac.)

jerfilm

It's a form of zip file.  You need a program to unzip it.  Then you'll have your mp3 files.

Jerry

JimL

I have 7-Zip.  Now there's a worse problem.  Apparently the file no longer exists.

eschiss1

If it's a .flac file and if you have UNIX or Linux installed (on a recent Mac this works, but one can do this on a PC with Linux also) you can install a flac codec, I think (one seems to come with my Mac FINK distribution or at least can be installed with it - going into terminal and typing "fink install flac" seems to do it, or at least I'm installing it now and will see what happens to the Steinberg... all other options for flac are at least shareware if they don't cost money immediately, I think... the finale of the Steinberg 4th symphony is encoded that way, for instance.) (if so, then "flac -d filename" and you have a wav file)

jerfilm

Roxop Creator 10 Pro also has a converter program  built in that will convert the flac file to other formats.

Jerry

Gareth Vaughan

But the web-page says: This file has been deleted"!!

herrarte

Old deleted link at Filesonic has been replaced by New link at Mediafire.

Enjoy!

Gareth Vaughan