Romanian music

Started by lechner1110, Wednesday 13 July 2011, 08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyRoger

Quote from: Miklos Pogonyi on Saturday 02 June 2012, 00:23
Regarding the Andricu "Symphony #3 I think it's a little misleading to label it so, since this appears to be Andricu's Chamber Symphony #3, Op.106 of 1965, a tape of which has been around for many years. Andricu's Symphony #3 for full orch. is his Op.54 of 1950, also on tape and in my collection.
Thanks for uploading.
Andricu was an extremely gifted and talented composer..I would love to hear more..much more...his music is very accessable and well crafted.
This link confirms a cycle of 3 Chamber Symphonies and a dozen for full Orchestra. 
http://www.musicweb-international.com/Balkan_discography/ECE_Balkan_Symphonies1.htm#ANDRICU

eschiss1

In regards Andricu I'm not sure if this link- from the Italian, not the English, German or Romanian Wikipedias- has been pointed out- but it seems helpful...
Not quite a dozen- 11 symphonies, apparently- and 13 sinfoniettas, 3 chamber symphonies, etc.
list of Andricu's works by type.

malito

Wilhelm Berger's music is sometimes good, sometimes not.  I like his 5th symphony and his 10th (for organ and orchestra) quite a bit but the other works are not that interesting.  If you are going to want to hear something by WB try the symphony no. 5 first of all.   You may come up with an entirely different opinion but this is my feeling about his music!