Romanian music

Started by lechner1110, Wednesday 13 July 2011, 08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Hello JollyRoger,

Yes. I have symphony no.3 by Raychev.
  I will upload it soon ;)

eschiss1

Sym 3? I've already uploaded a recording of it, though if it's a question of uploading a different one...

semloh

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 07 December 2011, 09:59
Sym 3? I've already uploaded a recording of it ...............

And most enjoyable it is, too, Eric!  :)

lechner1110

Ooh! I uploaded same recording of you, Eric. :-[   thanks...

JollyRoger

Quote from: A.S on Wednesday 07 December 2011, 09:46
  Hello JollyRoger,

Yes. I have symphony no.3 by Raychev.
  I will upload it soon ;)
A.S
I note that Eric Schissel has already posted Raichev's Symphony 3 at his thread for Bulgarian Symphonists.
Sorry for the confusion, it is Raychev 1 and 5 that I seek and I will do so at Bulgarian Symphonists. I think Raychev is an extremely very gifted composer.
Thanks so much for your response..

eschiss1

Will listen to the  Capoianu soon; I've only heard one work of his- his violin concerto - but it was very good.

malito

Thank you! Thank you!  The wonderful Byzantine Oratorio by Constantinecu has long been one of my favorite pieces of music and to see a listing of a new version performed LAST NIGHT was almost cause for a heart attack.  I have just discovered this site and am a bit of a neophyte on the computer so have to find someone to show me how to burn some of these.  I have gotten so many things I never dreamed existed much less that I would hear someday like the Enescu 4th, 5th and SOOOO many other works.  You have made me extremely happy and this counters the several cancer surgeries and others which I have had this past few years.  I am as excited now as I was in the late 60's and throughtout the 70's up to now, still loving serious music.  What a wonderful Xmas present from UNSUNG COMPOSERS!!!!!  Mal

Jimfin

I think you speak for a lot of us, Malito: discovering this site has been absolutely amazing for me too!

lechner1110

Hi malito,  I'm happy to hear your post ;)

Also I got many many rare recordings from UC in this year.
  I would like to express my deepest gratitude to all members. :D

fr8nks

I will upload another work by Romanian composer Paul Richter. His Symphony No.5 is a real beauty and never fails to delight. You can find it a little later in the music folder.

lechner1110

Oh Thanks a lot!
  I'm looking forward to Symphony by Richter! :D

Holger

fr8nks, thanks for sharing this further Richter symphony. It's good to get to know more by this composer. As information on Richter is somewhat spare, I want to add some details: it's his Symphony No. 5 in D Major, Op. 106, and it was composed in 1936.

I saw there seems to be an organ transcription of his Symphony No. 2 on YouTube but I haven't listened to it so far. The fact it only takes 15 minutes makes me wonder whether this is really the full symphony, however.

fr8nks

Thanks for you comments. I have 3 more works by Paul Richter that I will upload later today:

Symphony No.3
Suite No.2 "Carpathian"
Variations for Piano and Orchestra.

Holger

I have recordings of the Third Symphony and the Carpathian Suite, but I still don't know the Variations, so I'm looking forward to your upload.

By the way, though it's off-topic here: I saw you also uploaded some music by Jaroslav Řídký recently. While I have the Cello Concerto LP myself, I downloaded the Overture. Doing some research, I saw the Overture LP also seems to contain his (full) Serenade Op. 37, of which there is only one movement on the Cello Concerto LP. Is it possible for you to upload the full serenade as well? That would be greatly appreciated.

fr8nks

Holger, I will upload the Ridky Serenade within the hour. It will appear in the Czech Folder.