Polish Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 22 July 2011, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

So far, with the exception of the Tadeusz Baird Symphony No.2, the Polish and Russian sections of the Downloads area are the two sections I have downloaded nothing from ;D

This is not because I have no interest-far from it-but because I have been so busy with uploading and with downloading from the British and American sections.

I can see myself being very busy in here once my main upload programme is complete in a few days ;D ;D

lechner1110

Marek, Thanks for information!
  Of couese, I'm very interested in Jasinski's symphony :)

Mark Thomas

Belated thanks, Atsushi, for uploading Nowowiejski's Symphony No.3, which I look forward to hearing when I get home.

markniew

Few information on the works uploaded by Atsushi (from the radio comments)

Nowowiejski - Symphony No. 3 called also "Bialowieska" (Bialowieska Forest is the wild forest in North-Eastern Poland loacted on the Polish and Belarusian territories).
Live recording from the concert in 1994 innaugurating The Nowowiejski Organ Festival
Symphony's movements:
1. Allegro molto vivo, energico
2. Andante tranquillo con espressione
3. Scherzando. Tempo di marcia. Allegro
4. Lento tranquillamente. Moderato con pasione. Grave

Jasinski
also live performance given during the 6th Festival of Scred Music "Gaude Mater" on 02.05.1996,

Claromontane Basilica in Czestochowa

eschiss1

Listened to the Nowowiejski (one of 4 symphonies for orchestra in his output, no.4 with chorus etc., according to PL-Wikipedia? Perhaps written in the early 1930s- just guessing...?) Surprising and really impressive, and that formidable and memorable minor-mode ending - ... does anything give a key for the overall work, by the way?...

Thank you. Wonder if his two? concertos (piano and cello) are out there...
The music one hears or is pointed to here. :) :) ... Thanks again!

markniew

Dear Atsushi,

could you, or somebody else, register this night Polish Fantasy (3rd Dec. starting 02:00 till 06:00, Oilish Radio Program 2), please?
I cannot get it tomorrow and after tomrrow. and there are a nuber of pieces I do not have in my "archives".

here is the program - interested stuff has been bolded and underlined.
Marek

Fantazja polska

Antoni Szałowski Aria i Burleska, wyk. Andrzej Bauer – wiolonczela, Janusz Grzelązka – fortepian;
Kazimierz Wiłkomirski Symfonia koncertująca na wiolonczelę i orkiestrę, wyk. Cecylia Barczyk – wiolonczela i Orkiestra Polskiego Radia w Krakowie, dyr. Kazimierz Wiłkomirski;
Krzysztof Penderecki Capriccio per Siegfried Palm, wyk. Siegfried Palm – wiolonczela;
Krzysztof Baculewski: Rilke-Lieder na sopran i baryton solo oraz dwa chóry mieszane a cappella, wyk. Magdalena Szostak – sopran, Janusz Styszko – bas, Zespół Śpiewaków miasta Katowice ,,Camerata Silesia", dyr. Anna Szostak,
Krzysztof Baculewski: Gloria na alt solo i chór mieszany a cappella, wyk. Angelina Roch-Domagała – alt, Camerata Silesia, dyr. Anna Szostak;
Grażyna Bacewicz: II Koncert wiolonczelowy, wyk. Roman Jabłoński – wiolonczela, Wielka Orkiestra Symfoniczna Polskiego Radia, dyr. Tadeusz Strugała;
Joanna Wnuk-Nazarow:a Psalmy przyszłości do słów Zygmunta Krasińskiego, wyk. ,,Camerata Silesia", dyr. Anna Szostak;
Piotr Moss: Musique en trois mouvements, wyk. Barbara Marcinkowska – wiolonczela, Zespół Kameralny Polskiego Radia i Telewizji, dyr. Jan Pruszak;
Maciej Małecki: Pieśni miłosne do słów Kazimierza Przerwy-Tetmajera, wyk. Chór Polskiego Radia, dyr. Małgorzata Orawska;
Joanna Bruzdowicz: Concerto The Cry of Phoenix, wyk. Tomasz Strahl – wiolonczela, Orkiestra Filharmonii Lubelskiej, dyr. Wojciech Michniewski;
Józef Świder Pieśni, wyk. Chór Polskiego Radia, dyr. Bronisława Wietrzny;
Henryk Hubertus Jabłoński: Espresssione, wyk. Roman Jabłoński – wiolonczela, Polska Orkiestra Radiowa, dyr. Monika Solińska;
Andrzej Kurylewicz: W Weronie do słów Cypriana Kamila Norwida, wyk. Chór i Orkiestra Polskiego Radia w Krakowie, dyr. Jerzy Katlewicz;
Marta Ptaszyńska: Graffito, wyk. Sun-Min Shim – marimba;
Witold Lutosławski: Wariacja Sacherowska, wyk. Piotr Janosik – wiolonczela,
Witold Lutosławski: Wariacje na temat Paganiniego, wyk. Lutosławski Piano Duo;
Krzysztof Penderecki: Cadenza, wyk. Szymon Krzeszowiec – skrzypce

markniew

eschiss1,
Piano cto was recorded for radio archives in 70s - I do have it off radio. don't know if the cello cto has been ever recorded - I think it has not.

lechner1110

Hi Marek.

OK. I will record all programs ;)

markniew

lechner1110

Hello Marek,

I uploaded all of your interests.  Enjoy these ;)

markniew

Hello Atsushi,

thank you for this uplading  :D
Let us hear how this music sounds!

Holger

Quote from: eschiss1 on Thursday 01 December 2011, 19:04
Listened to the Nowowiejski (one of 4 symphonies for orchestra in his output, no.4 with chorus etc., according to PL-Wikipedia? Perhaps written in the early 1930s- just guessing...?) Surprising and really impressive, and that formidable and memorable minor-mode ending - ... does anything give a key for the overall work, by the way?...

Eric, there is no definite key for the symphony. I just listened to it, it somehow moves here and there. The beginning is in D Major and so are large parts of the piece, but both the end of the first and of the last movement are in C Minor - however it's clearly no symphony in C Minor either. It's simply a work without fixed key. As far as I could find out, it was written in 1940 (at least, MGG states this year).

In any case, it's a very interesting superbly coloured piece which I enjoy a lot.

eschiss1

Just listening to Lefeld's symphony now and enjoying it. Something at the end of its slow movement though- is it at all possible he knew Myaskovsky's 2nd symphony of a few years earlier? There are many points of contact, even near? quote-passages it seems, between the codas of the works' slow movements...

Mark Thomas

The full details of the Novakovski Piano Quintet are:

Józef NOWAKOWSKI (1800-1865)

Piano Quintet No.2 in E-flat Major op. 17 (1857)
I. Allegro
II. Scherzo
III. Andante
IV. Allegro
Mihaela Ursuleasa, piano; Rainers Honeks, violin; Kristians Frons, viola;
Arto Norass, cello & Jureks Dibals, double bass

markniew

Great Mark!
I knew about that recording but never got it!
I do have poor live recording of pf quintet/sextet (cannot remember, must check) by Krogulski, also nice music