Polish Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 22 July 2011, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

isokani

Great to have the Maklakiewicz cello concerto! Was listening to it last night -- a real treat. Thanks very much. Any more of his available?? I might see if I can check Katowice Academy Library...

markniew

as to Maklakiewicz so except the pices already uploaded I do have only the following

Triptich op. 18 for cello and piano (1927)
9 Japanese Songs for soprano and orchestra (1930)
Concertino quasi una fantasia for soprano, piano and orchestra (1930) - fine piece!

"Zlota kaczka" (Golden Duck) - suite from the ballet (1950)"

Perhaps you can find more in Katowice

markniew

Quote from: semloh on Friday 06 January 2012, 21:50
Marek - just a general "thank you" for all the marvellous Polish music you've been uploading. It's a great pleasure to explore these works and to discover hidden treasures.  :) :)

Hello semloh,

it's nice to hear that :-)
I will keep uploading lesser-well known Polish music. most of it has been taken off radio from the Polish Radio archives. only small part was  issued ever commercially.

markniew

Quote from: A.S on Friday 06 January 2012, 09:30

Hi malito,   It's my pleasure ;)    I also love Szymanowski !  Wonderful symphony indeed  ;D

Hi A.S.

also thanks for renewed Symphony by Maklakiewicz  :)

Dundonnell

Having spent the last week downloading Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Swiss, Swedish, Austrian, German, French, Italian and Dutch Music(with the Latvians, the Japanese and the other Balkans the previous week) and the New World Composers coming up this weekend ;D ;D I think that I just about am ready to finally get round to the massive number of Polish downloads next week............... :)

isokani

Quote from: markniew on Friday 06 January 2012, 22:27
as to Maklakiewicz so except the pices already uploaded I do have only the following

Triptich op. 18 for cello and piano (1927)
9 Japanese Songs for soprano and orchestra (1930)
Concertino quasi una fantasia for soprano, piano and orchestra (1930) - fine piece!

"Zlota kaczka" (Golden Duck) - suite from the ballet (1950)"

Perhaps you can find more in Katowice

Hearing these would be great, if you have time.
I have just started uploading some Russian and Austrian things... Kornauth, Conus, Eiges, Blumenfeld, Obukhov, Protopopov... etc

semloh

The Piano Concerto by Jerzy Gablenz is a great pleasure and masterfully orchestrated. How on earth did he come by such skill! A fascinating biography, and a list of his compositions, can be found at:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/polish_music/composer/gablenz.html

I wonder what treasures lie hidden in that list!  :)

And, how many more would have emerged had he not lost his life so soon.... :(

Arbuckle

Thanks Marek for Gablenski, one of my favorite piano concertos ever, can't wait to hear more music by him.

Dundonnell

Marek,

I have spent much of today working my way through the Polish Downloads section but have run up against a problem.

A number of works on Page 1 of the section, specifically:

Grazyna Bacewicz:           Piano Concerto
Tadeusz Paciorkiewicz:    Concerto alla barocco
Kazimierz Wilkomirksi:     Symphony Concertante for cello and orchestra
Piotr Moss:                      'Visages': Concerto for Oboe and orchestra
Feliks Nowowiejski:         Oratorio "Quo Vadis"
Wladyslaw Zelenski:        Piano Concerto

are in links which no longer work.

The links are to www.sendspace.com and when I follow the link I get a message saying that the file has been removed.

Is there any possibility of you being able to upload these works again to Mediafire?

Dundonnell

More problems, I am afraid :(

The links to the following works are now invalid:

Artur Malawski:        "Hungaria 1956"
                                  Symphonic Etudes for piano and orchestra
                                  Variations for Symphony Orchestra
                                  Mountaineers' Triptych

Kazimierz Wilkomirski: Symphony Concertante for Cello and Orchestra

Any possibility of them being restored?

semloh

Quote from: Dundonnell on Monday 09 January 2012, 02:10

Dear me, Colin, you are having fun! I can just picture your gnashing of teeth and cries of exasperation!   ;D ;D

Sorry, my schadenfreude is in poor taste.
I am sure the uploaders will take pity, and they'll soon be available again!   :) :)

Dundonnell

Quote from: semloh on Monday 09 January 2012, 07:28
Quote from: Dundonnell on Monday 09 January 2012, 02:10

Dear me, Colin, you are having fun! I can just picture your gnashing of teeth and cries of exasperation!   ;D ;D

Sorry, my schadenfreude is in poor taste.
I am sure the uploaders will take pity, and they'll soon be available again!   :) :)

Well, it wasn't quite that bad but it is frustrating ;D

Obviously new members are joining this forum and other members are trying to catch-up on a backlog of downloads so they would hope to gain access to music which was available but seems to have disappeared.

Hoping that these files can be restored :)

markniew

Yes, I will restore the files uploaded before.
I wonder how to make them available for lon than month or so. Any idea?

Dundonnell

If you use Mediafire I am not sure why files should disappear at all. There are files in my own Mediafire collection which have been there for many months.

jerfilm

Some of my first uploads were on a site other than MediaFire and they were deleted after, what? = maybe 90 days if I didn't become a paying member.  Which I didn't...

Jerry