Polish Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 22 July 2011, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

britishcomposer

Me too, Jerry. Other files from Mediafire work - this particular one doesn't.

markniew

I try to re-upload it but in fact still have a problem. Will keep trying

markniew

It seems that the new link to the Deszczyński works correctly

jerfilm

Yes, thanks, Marek.   And thank you for uploading it in the first place......

Jerry

markniew

Something for fans of more modern music (including Frank) available in the Downloads/Polish Music

ROMAN PALESTER (1907-1989)
Symphony no. 5 (1977-81)
Side A of the LP
Tessante con forza
Stesso tempo
Molto lento, misterioso

Side B
Vivace
Molto lento

Polish Radio National SO - Katowice
cond. Jan Krenz

some info on Palester can be found on PWM website:

http://www.polmic.pl/index.php?option=com_mwosoby&id=23&view=czlowiek&litera=18&Itemid=5&lang=en

Performance done during the Warsaw Autumn Festival of Modern Music of 1988

source: LP of 1988 and because of that the sound quality is not very high but I do not have other version.

mikehopf

Thank you very much for the Deszczynski chamber music... just my cuppa-tea!

May I now request the Deszczynski Piano Concerto, please, Marek?

Alan Howe

Comment from EarlyRomantic:

Guys, I, again, can't access the adjusted Zelenski offerings. Additionally, the Deszczynski is off limits to me as well. Others of you seem to be getting them after initial trouble. They state that the files are "invalid and corrupt". Does any one have helpful advice for me? Thanks in advance if so.

jerfilm

Something odd must be going on with MediaFire.  It's just after 7 AM Monday here in Minnesota and I just tried, successfully, to re-download the Deszczynski.    It took two tries but not unusual for AOL.....

Jerry

markniew

Must listen to the performance of Kisielewski's Symphony no. 2 uploaded today.
In my off radio recording performers are: Polish National Radio SO under Tadeusz Wojciechowski

fr8nks

Quote from: Bill Hayden on Friday 20 April 2012, 22:49
Many thanks for Kisielewski's Second.Could you upload  symphony in a square please?
;)

I will upload it on Sunday.

fr8nks

Quote from: Bill Hayden on Friday 20 April 2012, 22:49
Many thanks for Kisielewski's Second.Could you upload  symphony in a square please?
;)

Bill, It has been uploaded.

Frank

markniew

Thank you A.S. for the symphony by Szałowski. Symphony dates from 1939.
Recording was done for Polsih radio in 1950.

In one of my books I have found that Symphony was lost. It seems to be not true.

Few words on Szałowski can be found in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Szalowski

markniew

Frank,

I do have only two performances of the Symphony in a Square by Kisielewski. I believe there are also others for radio archives. The piece was written in 1978.

The total time of the performance you have uploaded (17:33) indicates that it is most likely played by Orchestra of the Silesian Philharmony, conductor is Jerzy Swoboda.
Movements are: 1. Allegro energico, 2. Allegretto, 3. Andante cantabile, 4. Allegro molto energico.
It was issued on LP by Polskie Nagrania in 1990 with Polish National Radio SO under Renard Czajkowski. Total tim eof that recording was 20:00 (side B of the LP). Other pieces on side A were: Intermezzo for Clarinet and Piano, Serenada for Piano and 7 Songs to texts by. K. I. Gałczyński

fr8nks

Quote from: markniew on Sunday 22 April 2012, 17:06
Frank,

I do have only two performances of the Symphony in a Square by Kisielewski. I believe there are also others for radio archives. The piece was written in 1978.

The total time of the performance you have uploaded (17:33) indicates that it is most likely played by Orchestra of the Silesian Philharmony, conductor is Jerzy Swoboda.
Movements are: 1. Allegro energico, 2. Allegretto, 3. Andante cantabile, 4. Allegro molto energico.
It was issued on LP by Polskie Nagrania in 1990 with Polish National Radio SO under Renard Czajkowski. Total tim eof that recording was 20:00 (side B of the LP). Other pieces on side A were: Intermezzo for Clarinet and Piano, Serenada for Piano and 7 Songs to texts by. K. I. Gałczyński

Thanks again for your help, Marek. If there are some Polish works you would like for me to upload, please let me know.

JimL

Is there any reason for that rather unusual moniker?