Jean Louis Nicodé Orchestral Works

Started by jerfilm, Sunday 24 July 2011, 23:53

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Thanks, Amphissa.  Sadly, Mediafire sez the file is currently marked "Private" so we are unable to download it.

Jerry

oldman

You left the files set to private.  They are inaccessable.

Amphissa

Ooops! Sorry about that. You should have access to it now.

Steve B

Thanks Amphissa; this downloads idea is an excellent idea; is there a non-copyrighted recording of his orchestration of the Chopin Allegro de Concert?; notoriously OTT; i should like to compare it with the also OTT Ponti recording orchestration. i think the Allegro de Concert, in any of its orchestrated incarnations, would count as "unsung sung" but he would come under Nicode anyway as is obviously a re-envisionning:)!Thanks steve

lechner1110

Amphissa

I hear Jean Louis Nicodé's name first time.
  I'm enjoying to listen.

A.S

Amphissa

I don't have his orchestration of Chopin Allegro de Concert. I have never heard it.

If anyone else has Nicode works, please feel free to add to this folder.

Mark Thomas

I've added Nicodé's lovely Nach Sonnenuntergang, broadcast yesterday, to the Nicodé topic in the Downloads board, plus his short Gebet and the Jubilaumsmarsch.  I've also duplicated Amphissa's recording of Wilhelm Barth and the Stuttgart Radio-sinfonieorcheser playing the Symphonic Variations with a second performance played, as all these recordings are, by Werner Andreas Albert and the Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie.

eschiss1

the Jubiläumsmarsch was first(?) published in 1880 by Breitkopf, I think, fwiw :) (full title being something like Jubiläumsmarch für gr. Orchester zur Feier des 25jährigen Bestehens der ,,Neuen Akademie der Tonkunst zu Berlin").

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

I only knew of Nicodé from the scores of the cello sonatas now on IMSLP and similar things.  I expect this is going to be some great stuff. Thank you...