mjkFendrich

Quote from: Dundonnell on Saturday 24 March 2012, 03:23
This is a re-upload of a damaged file:

Vaino Raitio: Symphony in G minor-Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra/Martti Simila

I. Allegro non troppo: http://www.mediafire.com/?b66b1d4dp216m26

II. Lento: http://www.mediafire.com/?w2e0u0d4yjvj0nh

III. Finaali:  http://www.mediafire.com/?2zerztecb1pzkbj

From Finnish Radio.

unfortunately Vainö Raitio's symphony isn't available from mediafire at the moment ("Invalid or Deleted File") :-[

eschiss1

hrm. do you have any idea when and by whom the 2nd concerto was published? Linko's "opus 9" piano trio -may- not even have been published until 1981- not sure...

JimL

I believe it's his Op. 10.  I don't even know IF it was published, although I doubt the performance downloaded here and on YouTube was from MS.

eschiss1

Helsinki University Library has only three things by him it seems? (two recordings, and a 1981 score of his piano trio)- Worldcat turns up a few more things (most published around 1920 or later, can't seem to find his piano concertos among them.)

mjkFendrich

Quote from: mjkFendrich on Monday 23 April 2012, 23:34
Quote from: Dundonnell on Saturday 24 March 2012, 03:23
This is a re-upload of a damaged file:

Vaino Raitio: Symphony in G minor-Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra/Martti Simila

I. Allegro non troppo: http://www.mediafire.com/?b66b1d4dp216m26

II. Lento: http://www.mediafire.com/?w2e0u0d4yjvj0nh

III. Finaali:  http://www.mediafire.com/?2zerztecb1pzkbj

From Finnish Radio.

unfortunately Vainö Raitio's symphony isn't available from mediafire at the moment ("Invalid or Deleted File") :-[

Thank's a lot for posting this work again!!!

BFerrell

Linko, Ernst: 24 preludia op. 6/1-9, pno, FIMIC 361, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: 3 Bagattelle op. 13, pno, FIMIC 362, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Aria op. 1/4, pno, FIMIC 5175, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Bourrée, pno, FIMIC 20903, Published by: Sulasol

Linko, Ernst: Eksynyt lintu op. 15/2, voc, pno, FIMIC 4585, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Gavotte et Musette, pno, FIMIC 19855, Published by: Sulasol

Linko, Ernst: Hommage a Domenico Scarlatti op. 12/1-4, pno, FIMIC 363, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Humoreskeja op. 3, pno, FIMIC 8394

Linko, Ernst: Hämärissä op. 7/2, voc, pno, FIMIC 10956, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Ilta op. 7/5, voc, pno, FIMIC 3333, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Jousikvartetto Es-duuri op. 21 (1930) dur. 22', 2vln, vla, vlc, FIMIC 1824

Linko, Ernst: Kauaksi sinne op. 18/2, voc, pno, FIMIC 4587, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Kolme laulua pianon säestyksellä op. 5 (1914), voc, pno, FIMIC 8389

Linko, Ernst: Konsertti pianolle ja orkesterille no.1 op. 4 (1916), 2222 4230 10 0, cel/glock, str, pno solo, FIMIC 8386

Linko, Ernst: Konsertto III pianolle ja orkesterille op. 20, 2222 2200 10 0, str, pno solo, FIMIC 3834

Linko, Ernst: Konsertto no. 4 pianolle ja orkesterille op. 27, 2222 4200 10 0, str, pno solo, FIMIC 6327

Linko, Ernst: Konsertto pianolle ja orkesterille op. 4, 2222 4230 10 0, cel/glock, str, pno solo, FIMIC 6324

Linko, Ernst: Konsertto pianolle ja orkesterille no.2 op. 10 (1922) dur. 19', 3222 4231 10 0, str, pno solo, FIMIC 6325

Linko, Ernst: Kuin syksyn päivä himmenee op. 7/1, voc, pno, FIMIC 10954, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Lähteet op. 7/3, voc, pno, FIMIC 10957, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Maisema op. 18/1, voc, pno, FIMIC 4586, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Nocturne op. 2/3, pno, FIMIC 5174, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Nocturne (1919), vlc, pno, FIMIC 6314

Linko, Ernst: Nocturne, (arr. Panula, Jorma), 2vln, vla, vlc, FIMIC 7311, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Paimenessa op. 4/2 (1914), voc, pno, FIMIC 8387

Linko, Ernst: Poutapilvet op. 15/1, voc, pno, FIMIC 4584, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Rigaudon op. 1/5 dur. 4', (arr. Jalas, Jussi), str, FIMIC 10176

Linko, Ernst: Sadetunnelma op. 6/16, pno, FIMIC 5178, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Sonaatti op. 6, pno, FIMIC 8388

Linko, Ernst: Sonatiini I op. 23/1, pno, FIMIC 3220, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Sumussa op. 26/3, voc, pno, FIMIC 6315

Linko, Ernst: Symphonie chevaleresque op. 25 50, 2222 4231 30, str, FIMIC 9058

Linko, Ernst: Trio op. 9 (1921) dur. 20', vln, vlc, pno, FIMIC 3950, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

Linko, Ernst: Vanha kantelo op. 7/4, voc, pno, FIMIC 10955, Published by: Fennica Gehrman Oy Ab

JimL

Thanks.  I just want to see the first page of the finale.  I don't want to purchase the full score to do it, especially at the rate they charge, which I can't even calculate in $$.  I emailed them requesting the information.  It's a start, if they answer.

JimL

My thanks to Kari Laitinen at FIMIC for sending me a PDF of the first page of the finale of Linko's PC 2 in under 24 hours.  For your information the movement is: Rondo alla Finlandese: Allegro giojoso e con burla.  Apparently it is still in MS, as it was handwritten.  I replied with gratitude and asked if they were looking for a publisher.  Any suggestions if she should respond in the affirmative?

Dundonnell

When there is so much music being made available for download on a daily basis and when at least this member tries to download just about everything, copy pieces and catalogue them all it is extremely hard to actually manage to listen to everything ;D

In these circumstances it is easy to overlook a work which turns out to be a real treasure of a discovery. The Erkki Salmenhaara Symphony No.4 is just such a piece :) A Finnish composer of whom I had never heard Salmenhaara turns out to have been a pupil of Kokkonen and Ligeti, an important figure in Finnish musical life and something of an authority on the history of Finnish music. The Fourth Symphony is rather a delicious mixture-Sibelius/Romanticism/Minimalism combined ;D

Many thanks to MVS for providing the music :) :)

BFerrell

"Any suggestions if she should respond in the affirmative?"      Fennica Gehrman

Greg K

Quote from: Dundonnell on Tuesday 29 May 2012, 01:49
When there is so much music being made available for download on a daily basis and when at least this member tries to download just about everything, copy pieces and catalogue them all it is extremely hard to actually manage to listen to everything ;D

In these circumstances it is easy to overlook a work which turns out to be a real treasure of a discovery. The Erkki Salmenhaara Symphony No.4 is just such a piece :) A Finnish composer of whom I had never heard Salmenhaara turns out to have been a pupil of Kokkonen and Ligeti, an important figure in Finnish musical life and something of an authority on the history of Finnish music. The Fourth Symphony is rather a delicious mixture-Sibelius/Romanticism/Minimalism combined ;D

A quite severe overstatement relative to my own experience.  It's nice, I suppose, but nothing ever happens.  All the movements are the same, and the music just non-chalantly and very temperately skips along without real contrast or argument, climax or exertion.  In no wise troubling, anxious, or conflicted, - nor otherwise celebratory, visionary, or exalted.  A drama of mid-life crisis and resolution (apropos the title of the Symphony) this isn't, but more an idyll of reflective contentment and peace.  It might be I miss some elusive subtlety here, in the texture, the colors, and the flow, - but for me a rather hum-drum and soporifically-inflected encounter I'm afraid. 

JimL

Quote from: Greg K on Saturday 02 June 2012, 20:45...rather hum-drum and soporifically-inflected.
For me, a singularly original way of saying "boring" that I'm going to steal.  ;D

Greg K

Quote from: JimL on Saturday 02 June 2012, 21:06
Quote from: Greg K on Saturday 02 June 2012, 20:45...rather hum-drum and soporifically-inflected.
For me, a singularly original way of saying "boring" that I'm going to steal.  ;D

My detractors will say(think) "verbose" or even "pretentious", - but I prefer your description :)

You have my permission.

JimL

My detractors likewise.

Let 'em.  ;D