Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

I just wish there were some place I could email or somehow contact where the score is kept so someone can look up the information and send it back to me.  FIMIC was very helpful when it came to the finale of Linko's PC 2.

Mark Thomas

Assuming that you mean the Kovarovic Piano Concerto, Jim, I have no idea where a copy of the score/manuscript is held. WorldCat throws up around 50 listings for his scores in Czech libraries, but not the Piano Concerto.

JimL

Even the scherzo from the Blodek symphony.  BTW, I have the whole thing (Blodek) in pretty good sound.  Was that original upload deleted?

Mark Thomas

No, my original recording is here, but Atsushi's recent recording has very much better sound.

eschiss1

Hrm. Looking into ALEPH, I see a lot of listings for Kovařovic's music including an opera Psohlavci and several others. No koncert, klavírni koncert, concert, ...

Hrm. SIUE gives it the opus number 6 and the date 1887. Starting point, there- let me see...
(Josef Srb's more contemporary - 1894 - publication Dějiny hudby v Čechách a na Moravě gives it the date 1888. Neither gives a date of publication. That latter might be based on date of premiere, date of publication or communication with the still alive composer, aught I know.)

dschfan

Tried downloading Valek's Symphonies no.7 missing, 10,11 & 12 are locked, can someone look at these, thanks in advance.

Alan Howe

dschfan repeats his remarks in the previous post. Can anyone help, please?

Dundonnell

I have just tried to download these files (again).

The Symphony No.7 link is indeed 'dead' but the other three symphonies are downloading perfectly for me (each is in two .rar files, both of which have to be downloaded and then the first file extracted).

All four symphonies were provided by Elroel. I could upload my copies but I am reluctant to do so when the original poster is still an active member of this site ::)

thalbergmad

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Wednesday 06 June 2012, 09:17
Anyone who enjoys piano pyrotechnics from the first half of the 19th century will revel in this work which, amidst the fireworks, is haunted by a lovely cantabile melody that I guarantee will stick in your memory - as it has in mine for getting on for forty years!

Probably my favourite short work for piano and orchestra, so immense thanks for this as I have not got the equipment or brains to transfer LP to MP3.

My forearms would feel better after 5 sets with Nadal than they have after attempts to play this. Respect to Frank Cooper for managing to play this, but I feel he could have had a tadge more fury.

Miles better than the concerto and crying out for a modern recording with a pianist with technique to burn. I doubt there are many that could do it justice.

Thal

Dundonnell

Thanks to sydneygrew for his ongoing work in indexing the Czech uploads to this site :)

From personal experience I know how much work is involved in this ;D

dschfan

Tried to download Valek's 10, 11 & 12 getting "Archive is corrupt or has an unknown format" on all.I reloaded Hamster no change, but works with other downloads o.k. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dundonnell

To upload my copies of these files I would have to switch to Mediafire Pro (each file is very large) which is not free.

Can I suggest that you send the original poster-Elroel- a pm ???

Elroel

Valek Symphonies 10 - 11 - 12

I got a message that the files to this symphonies couldn't be downloaded.
I tried to downl them to myself: Nºs 10 and 11 came down smoothly. No 12 gave an error.

When I looked into Nº 10, I found much longer links than the originals.

I tried to downl Hoddinott's Violin Cto 2 from Dundonnels post and got the message 'Invalid or Deleted'
When Dundonnell tried to downl the cto it came smoothly , he told me.
When retrying I was presented the same message as before: 'Invalid or Deleted'

I made new links to all the above mentioned symphonies and could downl them all right.

Anyone any ideas what went wrong?

Elroel

MikeW

Quote from: Elroel on Friday 15 June 2012, 08:16
Valek Symphonies 10 - 11 - 12

I made new links to all the above mentioned symphonies and could downl them all right.

Could you list those links here please?

Thanks!

Alan Howe

The new Valek links are in the Downloads section (Czech folder).