Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Many thanks to sydneygrew for the addition of an important choral piece by Novak-the Cantata "The Wedding Shift" of 1912-13, not, I think, on cd.

TerraEpon

If it's anything like Novak's The Storm, it should be most enjoyable (provided it's also decent sound quality....)

britishcomposer

Zdenek Fibich's Cantata 'A springtime tale' or 'Jarni Romance' op. 23 is currently available for download in the Czech Musik Folder. However, the same Vajnar recording has been reissued by Supraphon on CD:
http://www.amazon.com/Fibich-Z/dp/B00000352I?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ5K7PY4I6TJRVFLQ&tag=httpwwwcrimco-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00000352I

Sicmu

Here are some more infos about Lidl's third Symphony :

Mark Thomas

QuoteZdenek Fibich's Cantata 'A springtime tale' or 'Jarni Romance' op. 23 is currently available for download in the Czech Musik Folder. However, the same Vajnar recording has been reissued by Supraphon on CD:
Thanks BC, I'll delete it.

[But it seems to have disappeared already]

Sydney Grew

Quote from: Sicmu on Wednesday 22 February 2012, 14:38
Here are some more infos about Lidl's third Symphony . . .

Many thanks to member Sicmu for that information - I had thought it was a Scottish tune, but now I see it is something rather different.

steve walker

I think the work by Ivo Blaha Cyclorama may actually be called Cet Amour for speaker, woodwind instruments and tape from 1975 - only from what I can see in his worklists!
thanks for all the downloads

Steve walker

steve walker

Sorry about my post. I now know that the work by ivo Blaha is indeed Cyclorama  for Orchestra from 2005, so please delete if if you like!!

ttle

Quote from: jowcol on Sunday 12 February 2012, 19:51
I have updated the download entries for Jiri Valek Symphony 14 (two pianos) and Kvech's Symphony. Both have re-uploaded files with the most accurate data I can provide.   Anything you downloading before Feb 12, 2012 is suspect.

Sorry for the confusion-- my source disk was labeled incorrectly, and Karl has confirmed the error..  Karl thanks all of you for bringing this to his attention-- he can now update HIS collection.

Concerning Kvěch's Symphony, it seems to be the Second (chronologically speaking). The First (1971) is for organ and orchestra, as well as the Fifth (Čtyři roční období, Four Seasons, 2001). The Second (1982) is in E flat as is this one. The so-called Third (1987) is for string quartet and orchestra. The so-called Fourth (1984) is in D. In addition, there is a sinfonietta for violin and string orchestre (Transformace, Transformation, 1976).

miklos

Can't quite make out the names of the performers as announced by the lady aanouncer of the Jirak Violin Sonata.
Please let me know what they are if you had better luck.
Thanks.

miklos

Thanks for uploading the Jirak Violin Sonata. I could not quite make out  the names of the performers as announced by the Czech radio lady. If you had better luck, please tell me who the performers are.
Thanks.

Holger

Quote from: miklos on Wednesday 21 March 2012, 11:04
Thanks for uploading the Jirak Violin Sonata. I could not quite make out  the names of the performers as announced by the Czech radio lady. If you had better luck, please tell me who the performers are.
Thanks.

I already did so for myself quite a while ago, so here you are: it is played by Ivan Ženatý (violin) and Jaromír Klepáč (piano).

Sydney Grew

Many thanks for the Dobiáš! . . . Not quite in the style I was expecting, but most interesting.

Holger

I also think Dobiáš's Sonata is a very fine piece, powerful, remindable and very well composed. I don't think I gave it a listen before, so I also have to thank you for reminding me of the piece, Sydney!

gabriel

Please: Does anybody know the orchestra/conductor of the First Symphony of Luboš Fišer?
Thanks!!