Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger

Quote from: gabriel on Monday 26 March 2012, 01:56
Please: Does anybody know the orchestra/conductor of the First Symphony of Luboš Fišer?
Thanks!!

Here you are:
Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra / Vladimír Válek

gabriel

Sicmu

You are welcome Bill, the first was recorded on LP but I don't have it. You are right, the second is also called "Day of Victory".

Sydney Grew

The Stalingrad cantata - many thanks!

Sydney Grew

And Dobiáš S 2 again - that's nice - un embarras du choix - thank you!

Sicmu

Thx to Latvian for the Dobias Sinfonietta, this interesting work was new to me. I have two more works by this composer on LP's I never played, this thread will give me the opportunity to transfer and upload them within a few weeks :

Holger

I downloaded all the Hanuš pieces provided by allison and managed to find out some more about works and performers. Here are the data, including the previously unidentified symphony (it's his Fourth, which I also have in a different recording) and some corrections regarding the spelling of names:

Jan Hanuš (1915–2004)

"Aristophanic Variations on Eternal Peace" for Small Orchestra and Concertant Piano Op. 105a (1987)
Josef Růžička, Piano / Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra Olomouc / Mario Klemens

"Petr a Lucie", Symphonic Fantasy after "Pierre et Luce" by Romain Rolland Op. 35 (1955)
Janáček Philharmonic Orchestra Ostrava / Josef Hrnčíř

Symphony No. 4, Op. 49 (1960)
Pilsen Philharmonic Orchestra / Jan Chalupecký

Symphony No. 1 in E Major, Op. 12 "Dolorosa" on the Stabat Mater with Alto Solo (1941/42, revised in 1988/89)
Karolína Berková, Mezzo Soprano / Czech Radio Symphony Orchestra / Marek Valášek

Symphony No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 38 "The World's Truth" (1956/57)
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra / Karel Ančerl

Symphony No. 7, Op. 116 "The Keys of Kingdom" on Latin Sacred Texts for Orchestra, Choir, Soprano and Baritone Solo (1989/90)
Regina Renzová (Soprano), Ivan Kusnjer (Baritone) / Kühn Mixed Choir / Czech Radio Symphony Orchestra / Vladimír Válek
(Note: Performer information is not complete as the end is missing in the audio file, but it was enough for allowing a Google search which revealed the missing parts)

"The Secret Trumpeter", Overture on the Theme by Walt Whitman for Solo Trumpet and Orchestra Op. 53 (1961)
Marek Zvolánek, Trumpet / Czech Radio Symphony Orchestra / Stanislav Bogunia

"Three Fragments of the Apocalypse", Concerto for Piano and Orchestra Op. 125 (1998/99)
Daniel Wiesner, Piano / Philharmonic Orchestra Hradec Králové / Andreas Sebastian Weiser

Dundonnell

Many thanks to allison for a big batch of Jan Hanus uploads and to Holger for the additional information :)

Massive thanks too, Amphissa, for at last making it possible to listen to one of my favourite works of all time Miloslav Kabelac's Mystery of Time in a modern recording :) The Ancerl recording is a great performance but it is over half a century old. To hear this gripping, powerful, terrifying work in modern sound is just fantastic ;D :)

Amphissa

Yes, I also really like the Mystery of Time piece. When I saw your thread on Czech symphonists in the Composers forum, you mentioned this work and I remembered that I had this recording. I had not listened to it for awhile. It is a really fine work. Thanks for reminding me of it.

I wish I had some of the other works you mentioned, but my collection of broadcasts just doesn't seem to include many pieces by them.

allison

Thanks, Holger for the clarifications, needed them for my own records, too! Best, A

malito

I love the Kabelac "Mystery of Time" and the new performance is spectacular.  Wish we could get a new performance of the wonderful 4th symphony...thanks to all for the wonderful Czech things this past day or two.  Malito

jowcol

More thanks for the Mystery of Time upload.  That work as been on my list to check out for quite a while, and .  And to have it waiting for me after returning from a vacation to the Czech Republic was icing on the cake!

Dundonnell

Quote from: jowcol on Tuesday 10 April 2012, 14:48
More thanks for the Mystery of Time upload.  That work as been on my list to check out for quite a while, and .  And to have it waiting for me after returning from a vacation to the Czech Republic was icing on the cake!

I was wondering where you had disappeared to ;D

Hope you enjoyed your vacation :) Delighted to know that there are others who either love or were looking forward to hearing 'Mystery of Time' :)

Dundonnell

Great thanks to Holger for making the Hanus Symphony No.6 available :)

Dundonnell

Atsushi,

Welcome though your download of the Jan Hanus "Petr a Lucie" certainly is the same piece in the same performance was uploaded by allison on Monday ;D