Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

shamokin88

The "Symphony for Large Orchestra" by Jan Hanus that Allison posted is his fourth. I could not make out the announcement either, but I have a Karel Ancerl performance, and it turned out to be the same music but in considerably better sound.

lechner1110

Ooh.... I was overlooked them, Thanks!

Mark Thomas

That's very useful Sydney, thanks.

Alan Howe

Indeed, thanks Sydney.
If you had to pick out three symphonies, which would you recommend me to download?

Dundonnell

Excellent work, Sydney :)  A much-needed exercise :)

Dundonnell

Many thanks to Sicmu for his addition of the Jan Hanus Symphony No.5-the one previously missing link in the complete Hanus symphonic output :)

Dundonnell

Thanks for the Vladimir Sommer Violin Concerto, Sydney :)

Obviously you do not understand Czech and are therefore unable to provide details of performers for your many, wonderful downloads from Czech Radio. I don't understand Czech either  :(  but I wonder if there is anybody else on this forum who does and could perhaps help ???

Holger

I don't understand Czech either but managed to find out the performers nevertheless:

Vladimír Sommer (1921–1997)
Violin Concerto in G Minor (1950)
Václav Snítil, Violin / Czech Philharmonic Orchestra / Václav Neumann

Dundonnell

violinconcerto

That work is released on a CD btw...

here you can order it:
http://www.musica.cz/cdshop/index~2.htm

violinconcerto

Quote from: Sydney Grew on Monday 16 April 2012, 14:48
Er . . . is it played by the same people? (I can't find the performers on that link.) If it is please let me know and I will zap it. (The only place I usually check is the Amazon site.)

When it comes to works for violin and orchestra a quick view on my website is always useful I think...

http://www.violinconcerto.de/database.html?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=2299&sobi2Id=14153

Best,
Tobias

Holger

Hi Elroel,

thanks for your various Burian uploads. Could you provide performer details for all of them? That would be a great help.

Best,
Holger

cjvinthechair

For anyone enjoying, as I am, the Hanus uploads (for which, as for all the other lovely music, much thanks !), found on You Tube today his terrific organ & harp concerto. Probably a commercial recording, so not about to appear here, but certainly extends my appreciation of the composer.

caostotale

Thanks for those Burian pieces. Very nice work.

Dundonnell

Oh....the second .rar file for the Podesva Symphony No.6 posted by Elroel is broken and the contents cannot be extracted :(

[This has subsequently proved not to be the problem and so this post should be ignored. The issue was that the upload was in multi-part RAR format which is unpacked by opening just the first RAR file. Mark]