Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger

Colin,
that's no problem. I think Elroel used a splitting program to keep file size small. It works in such a way that you have to download both files and then only extract the first one. It then merges the contents automatically. So you need to download both files but they are not intended to be extracted separately, all you need to do is extracting the first one. I think things are allright the way they are. I already downloaded the files and everything is fine with me. :)

Dundonnell

So the Symphony is 20 minutes long in total :(

Holger

Yes, it should be, also according to the Czech MIC:
http://www.musica.cz/skladatele.php?id_skladatele=194
Actually that's nothing unusual, e.g. look at the Ceremuga symphonies jowcol shared a while ago: all between 20 and 30 minutes. One tendency among the composers of Eastern Europe and the USSR (at least from some point of time on) was to keep things comparatively short (though it doesn't count for any symphony, of course).

Dundonnell

Dundonnell

I am really sorry but I fear that the recording of the Kalabis Symphony No.3 posted by Elroel was reissued on a Panton cd (which I have in my possession) :(

Sicmu

This LP is now available from eMusic :
http://www.emusic.com/listen/#/album/czech-philharmonic-orchestra/lukas-matej-bagatelles-for-symphonic-orchestra-symphony-no-5/12522271/:

Quote from: MikeW on Friday 04 May 2012, 16:24
Zdeněk Lukáš (1928-2007) - Bagatelles for Orchestra Op.150 (1980)

from Panton LP that also included Matěj - Symphony No.5

1. Bagatela solenne
2. Bagatela cantabile
3. Bagatela di danza

MikeW

Quote from: Sicmu on Friday 04 May 2012, 17:49

This LP is now available from eMusic :

Typical. It took me 15 years to locate the LP and now it's issued digitally in a country I can't buy from. Another Supraphon marketing success!

Amphissa

Recently, SG contributed a Martinu item to the Czech folder. I had previously contributed one of his less familiar pieces.

I have a number of Martinu broadcast recordings, but have not uploaded them, because I was not sure whether Martinu is really unsung. To me, he falls in that midland territory with Saint Saens. They get played in concert in Europe, not so much in the U.S.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you want more Martinu? Or is he too "known"?

caostotale

Martinu is the most well-known and well-disseminated member of L'Ecole de Paris, but a good amount of his many works are still 'unsung.' Supraphon has been pretty exhaustive in putting out at least a single recording of each and every work, but I'd be happy if you posted anything rare of his.

gabriel

Thank you very much, Elroel, for the upload of Ivo Jirásek´s  Symphony "Mother Hope". Sorry, the links are "deleted or invalid".

Elroel

Jirasek - Symphony 'Mother Hope'

I just deleted the files.
I don't know why the links didn't work. Maybe I'll give it a new try some day.

Greg K

Dundonnell

Since other downloads of music by Eugen Suchon are located in the Slovak Music Downloads should the recent addition by Elroel of the Suchon Cantata not be better placed there than in the Czech Downloads ???

Mark Thomas

Yes, I think so and I have moved it there. Thanks, Colin.