Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Ahh..Elroel:

Problems with latest uploads I am afraid:

(1) The two links provided for the Sestak symmphony are exactly the same. If two links are required to open the .rar files then a different link will presumably be needed.

(2) There is no link provided for the Matej symphony.

(3) The link to the Kohoutek is "invalid".

Elroel

Faulty links[/size]

Hi all,

Colin  found some missing and faulty links. I just changed these:

Sesták: Symphony Nº 3
Kohoutek: Panteon
Matej: Symphony Nº 3

My mouse didn't work properly when I klicked and pasted. I had to say good by to the thing.
(And of course I didn't check them).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Colin: I'll make it up to you by a couple of new uploads soon, O.K.?

Dundonnell

Do not be concerned :)  These things happen :)

I know, from personal experience last year,  how enthusiastic one can be to upload music for others to listen to and in one's enthusiasm sometimes mistakes get made. If they can be put right that is all that matters :)

JimL

Quote from: Dundonnell on Tuesday 08 May 2012, 18:22The link to the Kohoutek is "invalid".
And is sitting in a wheelchair up in the attic.  ;D

cjvinthechair

As good a place as any to express to 'Elroel' my thanks for the phenomenal work he is uploading for us recently, joining the wonderful music presented by so many other members.
Much of this Eastern European magic is dragging me well past my previous 'comfort zone' of (at the latest !) 1950, and particularly some of the cantatas are destined for much playing over the years.
Thanks so much to you - and to all on the site for all I've 'learned' in a short time with you.

Holger

Elroel,

thanks once again for your various uploads. This is much appreciated. However, in case of the Rychlík Serenade you forgot to include the link...

Edit: Problem has been fixed, thanks!

Elroel

I created a link to Rychlík this afternoon.

I was uploading as well as listening to another work and .... forgot that I uploadad without the link.
Age must be working, or  ....the music did its work.

Sorry! sorry!

Elroel

lechner1110

No problem. Many thanks for your uploads of great Czech and Slovak musics ;)

Jacky

I am listening to the Bohac.Very nice,some Bergian influences.A biographical detail:he passed away in 2006.

jowcol

I've posted  two works from another Panton Album
From the collection of Karl Miller...

Zdenek Sestak, Concerto #2 for Violin and Orchestra (1985)
"Jan houslista" -- which may mean "John the Violinist"

Antonin Novak, Violin
Prague Symphony Orchestra , Otakar Trhlik, Cond.
Source LP-- Panton 81 0843
From the collection of Karl Miller

I was unable to find a CD release- please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Arnost Parsch Poem- Concerto for Cimbalom and Orch.

As a hammered dulcimer player, I can't resist a work for Cimbalom.  This work is somewhat edgy in a central European way--  more modern than modernist, if that makes sense.

Helena Cervenkova, Cymbalom
Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra of Olomouc
Jamir Nohejk(Parsch) conductor

LP Source:  Panton 81 0843 -- I've not found a CD version of the same performance.

From the collection of Karl Miller

I haven't found much about Parsch , except this picture which as labeled as him. Naturally, anyone who writes for Cimbalom deserves a bigger picture.

Dundonnell

The Sestak Violin Concerto file is "invalid" according to Mediafire :(

jowcol

Thanks Colin-- I've fixed the typo....

oleander55

For some time now, I've been feeling guilty about downloading so much wonderful stuff without contributing anything, so today, I gave it a shot.  I appears that I may have gotten the hang of it.  I've added some Czech works... a trio of Ostrava-related works... including what is probably Kubin's "Ma Vlast" about his hometown. 

Here are the notes for the Palenicek Concerto - copied from the album:

Josef Palenicek wrote his Concerto No. 2 for Piano and Orchestra in 1952 directly after the tragic death of K. Biebl, the prominent Czech poet, and constitutes the latter's generalized and monumentalized portrait.  A flow of energy and a drama of questions and angry replies, provoked by the news of Bieble's death, dominate the 1st movement, and the warm second subject features the tune of a song which Palenicek wrote to Biebl's verse at wartime.  The 2nd movement is an intimate portrait of the poet: we see him dance, with a gesture of shy and sorrowful gentleness, a slow waltz, interspersed with two robust rondo-type Tempo di presto intermezzo movements.  This already indicates the style of the finale, which reminds us of the necessity to overcome negation by means of an increasingly clear flood of vigorous melody and rhythm (with a striking touch of Czech folk polka intonation).  The portrait features of the concerto's previous movements return to merge with the stream of rejuvenated elan vita.

I tell you... if that concerto isn't a masterpiece I'm stone deaf!

Dundonnell

Elroel....the links for the Barta Piano Concerto take one to the Raichl work.

ttle

Not sure whether Elroel follows this topic (his great uploads must keep him busy enough), but just for the record and for others interested, Miroslav Raichl, who sadly passed away in 1998, composed a second "Symfonietta" for chamber orchestra in 1984.