Unsungs in New York City next season

Started by edurban, Tuesday 18 August 2009, 15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphissa

Quote from: Pengelli on Saturday 22 August 2009, 12:39
Gliere made recordings of his own music. Anyone here heard any of these? He recorded some symphonies.

Yes, there were LPs of Gliere conducting all three of his symphonies. I have a recording of him conducting his 2nd. I was outbid on Ebay for a recording of him conducting his 1st symphony. I've never seen the recording of the 3rd available anywhere, but I know it exists. Old Melodiya recordings. They never made the transition to CD, so far as I know.

TerraEpon

Quote from: Amphissa on Monday 24 August 2009, 23:50I've never seen the recording of the 3rd available anywhere, but I know it exists. Old Melodiya recordings. They never made the transition to CD, so far as I know.

Nope, it didn't. But it's heavily cut so who needs it anyway (and that's not even getting into the sound quality). How'd this thread get on Gliere recording Gliere anyway?

By the way, he also recorded a pair of ballet suites which, to my knowledge, have not otherwise been recorded.

Pengelli

My fault.The thread mentioned a performance of Gliere's
3rd. I'd give it a spin & the opera Melodiya did,too!!!

Pengelli

edurban

I just saw that all the American Symphony Orchestra tickets for next season are on sale(for the moment) for $25 apiece.  Fervaal for $25, the Goetz/von Hausegger/et al programme, also $25.  Good orchestra seats, too.  The concerts are at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center.  Details:

http://www.americansymphony.org/

Enjoy, David