Swedish music

Started by cjvinthechair, Sunday 04 September 2011, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

semloh

Atsushi - thank you for the Atterberg Cello Concerto - new to me and a most enjoyable work. Atterberg never disappoints. Also, special thanks for Rosenberg's 'America'. This is one I've had on my 'wants' list for many years, having taped it on R2R, courtesy of the BBC, back in the 70s. It really is as interesting and enjoyable as I remember!  :)

lechner1110

semloh - Yes, Both works are very interesting :D  Especially,  Rosenberg's 'America' is new work to me , and very enjoyable suite. Anyway I'm glad to hear it filled a gap of your want list :D

Greg K

I must say what a thouroughly ingratiating work Peterson-Berger's 2nd Violin Sonata is, with a truly gorgeous slow movement.  Given that PB's Violin Concerto is probably my favorite Swedish VC (in a strong field) I had a hunch his Sonatas might have the same lyrical profusion, - and this one does.  Thanks Atsushi.

lechner1110

Greg K,  Yes , I like Peterson-Berger's music very much!  His musics are always lyrical and full of Nordic mood.
  My best of his music is Sym#2. And also I like his violin concero very much ;D  Thanks!

Dundonnell

Many thanks to Sicmu for the Kallstenius 5th Symphony :)

eschiss1

*looks at the subtitle of the Kallstenius 5th symphony*  - "Kallstenius Symphony No.5, Op.52 ("Sinfonia Ordinaria ma su temi 12-tonici", 1960)" - I like that, that flows... ;)
thanks again!

britishcomposer

I know that naxos is going to release Eggert's symphonies in the near future but in the meantime I have uploaded an earlier recording of No. 3 from LP as broadcast by Swedish Radio P2. Enjoy it!

JimL

Is that the one with the trombones?

britishcomposer

JimL

Quote from: britishcomposer on Saturday 21 January 2012, 15:59
I think so!  ;)  :D

http://musikforskning.se/stmonline/vol_4/kallai/index.php?menu=3
I don't know if you are aware of this, but Avishai is a member of this Forum.  Haven't heard from him for awhile.  I'm surprised he hasn't responded to your download.

TerraEpon

Quote from: JimL on Saturday 21 January 2012, 15:31
Is that the one with the trombones?

Haha, I was about to type that sentence myself :D

JimL

Come to think of it we haven't heard from good ol' Hofrat in a while.  Think I might email him.

Sicmu

Thanks a lot for the Johanson latvian, this early symphony is already atonal ( like the 10th), I'm not very fond of atonality but I like the way he makes use of it : it's robust, dense and highly polyphonic. 

BFerrell

Can somebody please switch this from rar to mp3.  rar is impossible!!  Thank you.

HILDING ROSENBERG (1892-1985)

Symphony No. 8 "Sinfonia Serena"
(revised from original Symphony No. 8 "In Candidum" for Chorus and Orchestra) (1974/1980)
Stig Westerberg/Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra
+ Cello Concerto No. 2
LP CAPRICE CAP 1283 (1985)

320 kbps MP3 + scan :

http://www.mediafire.com/?e408was2wdk2lh2

Dundonnell

Quote from: Tapiola on Monday 30 January 2012, 23:45
Can somebody please switch this from rar to mp3.  rar is impossible!!  Thank you.

HILDING ROSENBERG (1892-1985)

Symphony No. 8 "Sinfonia Serena"
(revised from original Symphony No. 8 "In Candidum" for Chorus and Orchestra) (1974/1980)
Stig Westerberg/Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra
+ Cello Concerto No. 2
LP CAPRICE CAP 1283 (1985)

320 kbps MP3 + scan :

http://www.mediafire.com/?e408was2wdk2lh2

I installed a free programme called 7-Zip File Manager. If you download a .rar file all that is required is to open 7-Zip, locate and highlight the .rar file wherever you have stored it, and then clock "Extract". 7-Zip then extracts the file inside and hey presto ;D