French Music

Started by Sicmu, Saturday 10 September 2011, 17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

minacciosa

Quote from: A.S on Monday 06 February 2012, 11:06

I just uploaded Symphonies by Bondeville and Bozza now.

I got this rare recordings from my good friend Miklos. He is also member of this forum.
  He was willing to agree to upload these wonderful recordings.   I sincerely appreciate his kindness!

About music, Bozza's symphony is very interesting work.  The opening of this symphony is parody of very famous symphonic poem by Richard Strauss.   Bondeville's work is also fine French symphony, in my opinion.
The Bozza Symphony is a highly interesting work. Does anyone know the purpose or meaning of the parodistic opening?

Elroel

I have a recording of  Jolivet's 1st, coupled with Nikiprowetzky's Hommage a Gaudi.
It's a record of the label Inedits ORTF (Nr 995 008).
The Jolivet is recorded especially for a radio prgogramme 19-2-1970 of the ORTF (France).
In 1972 this lp was awarded the 'Grand Prix National du Disques Français'.

I think it never was re-issued on cd, but I have to look into it.
If allowed I'll post it somewhere next week.

Elroel

Sicmu

More info about the Fantastic Hunt by Guiraud :

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Sicmu, haven't seen that LP insert in years. I made the LP to digital transfer and then dumped the LP.

Dundonnell

Elroel...

you didn't supply a link to the Nikiprowetzky file in your post in the Downloads section  :(

gabriel

Dundonnell

I am afraid that these links took me to some band playing South American popular dance music ::) :(

gabriel

My apologies, Colin, about Tolia Nikiprowetzky LP.
In my country (I don´t know why not in yours) they are the download files of the following ones:

I, II, III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFyhbOct7Mw&feature=relmfu
IV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOvQrI0T934
V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeovvvQoK20&feature=relmfu

My best wishes.

Latvian

QuoteUnfortunately the link for the Roland-Manuel Piano Concertino must have been already "invalid" by the time I came to attempt to download

I will reupload with a new link, once I find my original!

Jacky

Thank you for the "deluge" of French Music lately.Despite the crashing shadow of Boulez and Messiaen, a lot of interesting composers wrote a nice amount of good music.
Is there a recording of Milhaud's quintets 3 and 4?

Merci
J

eschiss1

Don't know. Remember, one can enjoy what one likes without having to drag in who one doesn't (or who one imagines is objectively simply bad). (I don't go bringing in Offenbach all the time every time I talk about how much I enjoy a piece!)

Hrm. The 4th quintet, dedicated I see to Oscar-Arthur Honegger's memory, intrigues especially, but... yes. Would like to know...

ttle

Heartfelt thanks to A.S for uploading Harsányi's symphony! I made a tape recording of it from French radio some twenty years ago, with the first few minutes missing, and have always thought that it is one of France's (and Hungary's) most brilliant, felicitous and colorful symphonies. Yet another major gap in the discography.

ttle

Just for the record...
Serge Nigg's Violin Concerto recorded by Christian Ferras was his first. A second violin concerto was composed in 2000.
Henry Barraud passed away in 1997.

fr8nks

Is anyone else having trouble opening the Charpentier file? I can downlod them but an error message appears half way through opening them.

Holger

Quote from: fr8nks on Thursday 17 May 2012, 13:03
Is anyone else having trouble opening the Charpentier file? I can downlod them but an error message appears half way through opening them.

I had the same problem but could solve it: rename the second file according to the right spelling (as far as I remember there is a "t" missing in Charpentier or so), then try it again and everything will work fine.