Ernst Rudorff (1840-1916)

Started by Simon, Friday 23 September 2011, 03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

John Kersey's latest recording "The Circle of Brahms Vol. 5" http://rdrecs.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/the-circle-of-brahms-vol-5/ includes some interesting music, including some very brahmsian (indeed!) music by Ernst Rudorff, a fisrt recording, I believe. One can here his Capriccio appassionato, op. 48 here http://soundcloud.com/johnkersey

Enjoy!

Simon

eschiss1

the scores of his at IMSLP look interesting (to me). Thanks for the heads-up!

Peter1953

As far as I know music by Rudorff is hardly recorded. I have a short piano piece (4:34) called Capriccio Appassionato in B Minor, op. 49, played by Irma Hofmeister on the CD Romantiker im alten Berlin.

jerfilm

I have his opus 40 Symphony in g on an ancient reel to reel tape..... nothing else

Jerry

Alan Howe

The whisper is that cpo are going to bring out some Rudorff. No idea when, though...

Mark Thomas

Jerry, are you able to do a digital transfer from reel-to-reel? I'd be really interested to hear the Rudorff Symphony in g.

Alan Howe

May I second Mark's enquiry, Jerry? I find the Serenade kindly uploaded by Mathias in the German music folder to be a work of real stature, whatever its actual state - wonderful melodies and gorgeous orchestration. I can't wait to hear more by him...

semloh

Couldn't agree more! The Serenade is just what a serenade should be - charming, precisely orchestrated, and melodious. This also sounds, to me at least, to be a very fine performance.

jerfilm

Again, if you guys will remind me in a couple of weeks, I'll try my best to digitize it.  I have to string about 20 feet of cable from where the old tape deck is to where the computer resides......but it can be done....

Jerry

Arbuckle

Bravo to Jerry, would string the cable if I could! I really liked the Rudorff Serenade as well, and am looking forward to the Symphony.

Alan Howe

Thanks in advance, Jerry. Obviously one of the good guys  ;)

Mark Thomas

jerfilm

(Blush)

OK, so I've started a word processor document of what I've promised.  Will have to go back through my posts see
what else there is.  If anyone remembers any of them, please let me know

Jerry

Rainolf

The serenade is a fine work and makes me curious about more Rudorff, too. He must surely be one of the best representatives of the Berlin academic school, if the average of his compositions is on that standart!

Leo K

I want to thank jerfilm for digitizing the G Minor symphony of Rudorff, wow! It's very wild, craggy, and exceptional exciting music in the Brahm's mold, I love it! This is a recording I dearly treasure now.