Spanish Composers

Started by JimL, Saturday 15 October 2011, 15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

gpdlt2010

Thanks to Latvian for the perfect complement to rbert12's Lopez Chávarri and Palau posts.
I knew Iturbi was a great pianist, but didn't know he was a very good conductor as well.

Latvian

QuoteThanks to Latvian for the perfect complement to rbert12's Lopez Chávarri and Palau posts.
I knew Iturbi was a great pianist, but didn't know he was a very good conductor as well.

You're welcome! I hope someone else has more works by these two colorful and highly enjoyable composers. There seems to be precious little available of theirs even through no-commercial sources.

gpdlt2010

Thanks again to rbert12 for the Toldrá. I never tire of admiring the beauty of some of his songs (especially the Catalonian ones).

semloh

rbert12 - thank you for the music you've been posting!  :)   :)
Samper's charming musical picture of Mallorca was a beautiful start to my day.... It's all most enjoyable, and deserves to be more widely known.

gpdlt2010

Once more my thanks to rbert12 for this embarras de richesses!

gpdlt2010

As usual, my thanks to rbert12 for opening still more vistas of virtually unknown compositions by Spanish musicians.

gpdlt2010

Renewed thanks to rbert12 for the rare repertoire. I'm currently travelling in Spain & have secured tickets to Moreno Torroba's La Chulapona at Teatro de la Zarzuela in Madrid. Any chance of getting some very "unsung" zarzuelas on this forum?

rbert12

It is not always easy for me to verify the origin of a recording, so to know if it has been reissued in CD. Without more checking I can upload, if you are interested, 'La patria chica' and 'La venta de Don Quijote' both from Ruperto Chapí, as I am sure they are from concert broadcasts. Only the music, I always edit the dialogs, sorry.

gpdlt2010

Thanks,rbert12. I would love to have both Chapi's works, even if i can't DL them in the near future.

rbert12

QuoteI would love to have both Chapi's works, even if i can't DL them in the near future.
I will try to post then tomorrow.

rbert12

QuoteI will try to post then tomorrow.

Sorry about 'La Patria chica' but my memory was at fault, the recording I have is the one that Ataulfo Argenta did in 1958, that has been issued in CD. But if you are interested in Chapi, you can find in youtube the complete opera 'La muerte de Garcilaso', an absolute rarity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mno6SWY1fl8

rbert12

QuoteOn Matilde Salvador
Do you know if she has cd recordings?

The only one I know is this one: http://www.uji.es/publ/cataleg/musica/matilde.html
I will upload the cantata 'Las Horas' in the Spanish Composers Folder

gpdlt2010

Thanks to A.S. for providing new insights into Spanish composers I knew absolutely nothing about.
I will download these works next week, after I get home (finally!).

gpdlt2010

Quote from: rbert12 on Thursday 07 June 2012, 19:53
QuoteI will try to post then tomorrow.

Sorry about 'La Patria chica' but my memory was at fault, the recording I have is the one that Ataulfo Argenta did in 1958, that has been issued in CD. But if you are interested in Chapi, you can find in youtube the complete opera 'La muerte de Garcilaso', an absolute rarity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mno6SWY1fl8

Don't worry,rbert (and thanks anyway). Since I am still in the neighbourhood of Madrid, I will try to get the Argenta commercial version.

jerfilm

With regard to the several pieces that Atsushi put up a week or so ago by Toldra.  Can someone tell me what these are?  Are they arias from one opera?  Or what? 

Jerry