News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Wikmanson quartet 1 score

Started by fjones, Tuesday 19 May 2015, 12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

fjones

I don't suppose anyone out there has a pdf of the score of Wikmanson's quartet number 1 they could email me in the course of today? It's for assessed performance module and the examiners could well do with a score, and we only have the parts. It's not on IMSLP. *If* the unlikely is true and someone has, the e-address is fjones@liv.ac.uk

Many many thanks!!!

eschiss1

http://www.swedishmusicalheritage.com/composers/wikmanson-johan/SMH-W250-Quartett_D_minor_From_Three_Quartets_for_Two_Violins_Alto_and_Violonce claims that the only published editions before 1965 were in the form of individual parts, not full scores, which might explain why one doesn't find it on IMSLP, anyway. Hope someone has it!

fjones

Thanks for that. I know there is an edition published by Silvertrust, but it would not be possible to get it in time (for tomorrow!!!!), so the search goes on ...

eschiss1

Hrm. Does this link or something like it work for you or, as in the US, just give a "not available online" thing?

fjones

That link doesn't work, as you suspected. But your earlier link to Swedish Muscial Heritage lead me to the Music and Theatre Library of Stockholm; I emailed them and within an hour they had scanned the quartet and sent me the pdf - so thank you very much for the pointer that lead me to the goal!

eschiss1

... ...
I _like_ that!!! (Hats dizzyingly off to some libraries, or something, very seriously...)

Gareth Vaughan

Hear, hear! That's what electronic communications should be all about in the academic world. Well done!

Alan Howe

fjones

We (the quartet) think the performance went very nicely. In the event, not only did the Musik och Teaterbibliotek supply pdf of score, but the publishers (Silvertrust) whose parts we had bought and were using also very gernerously sent a pdf in good time. :)