Ewald Sträßer Symphony nr 1 on WDR3

Started by black, Wednesday 16 September 2009, 12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

black

For those who are interested in the symphonies by Ewald Sträßer: his 1st symphony op 50 will be broadcast by WDR 3 (Germany) on Sunday Sept. 20 between 1 pm and 3 pm.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Black, this is good news! I have a radio recording of Sträßer's Second Symphony and it's a fine piece of work.

In view of the fact that many of us record from internet radio, I wonder if there is value in setting up another board for notifications such as this and the Cliffe Violin Concerto which will be broadcast by the BBC next week?

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

Can anyone tell me what is the best software ro download in order to receive radio broadcasts from non-UK countries on my PC? And then, how do I record them, please?

Mark Thomas

Almost all radio stations now broadcast live over the internet. The quality isn't great of course, usually 128 kbps or worse, but it's perfectly good enough to get to know the work. If you Google the radio station you should find their radio feed. I use Total Recorder to record the audio stream. It has the advantage of incorporating a scheduler for all those 2:00 AM broadcasts.

black

Yes, but for broadcasts from WDR I'd use their own Radio Recorder. It's free, it's easy to use, it has a scheduler as well and the sound quality, as Alan may confirm, is quite good.

Mark Thomas

Gareth Vaughan