Finding things on Mediafire

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 30 October 2011, 15:22

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

noticed that Mediafire's public folders/files are searchable (which is something you may want to keep in mind, by the way, when you're uploading things not connected with this forum you don't want people to be able to "google"- at least use the "private" option on those files consistently - so if you're looking for an item that may have been uploaded to Mediafire whether by someone here or not, you may want to use site:mediafire.com-restricted google searches on it. Just a thought... (if the filename and/or foldername has anything to do with the composer and/or piece, you'll be headed in the right direction.) Mediafire also has its own search, of course.

Amphissa

Hmmmm ... I may have to go back and change all the file names of my files. I do not want my files available to the world. Only to this forum.

But, if I make my files private, will anyone here be able to access them? Is there some way to limit accdess just to people I give the links to? Or to make my files unsearchable? If not, I'll need to spend a week renaming files.

Ugh! I hate this kind of stuff.

eschiss1

one can password-protect them and make the password available only to members of this forum, is an option Mediafile makes available, I think. hrm.
check and search (on google and/or mediafire) to see if files in folders by other people you don't know are visible and maybe even downloadable by you before going to any trouble, is my suggestion...