Music from the former Yugoslavia

Started by lechner1110, Tuesday 18 October 2011, 15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Thanks to Latvian to uploaded Yugoslav composer's work.
  Maybe I have KONJOVIĆ's Symphony in C-minor LP...
  I will check my shelf in this weekend.

Atsushi

Latvian

lechner1110

Latvian

If I can't find it, I will tell you.    Thanks. 

Atsushi

lechner1110

About KONJOVIĆ''s symphony, I checked about information of this recording, and I found this recording's re-issue CD.
  http://www.worldcat.org/title/konjovic-symphony-c-minor/oclc/604042500&referer=brief_results

This recording was re-issued?
  Anyone know about it?

Holger

Hi Atsushi,
it doesn't seem to be a CD though this is stated above, however the annotations below clearly say 'LP' and '1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 r/min ; 30 cm'.
Best,
Holger

lechner1110

Thanks Holgar,

I will upload nearly :)

eschiss1

Comment about Worldcat - this is not wholly a digression.
The University of Vancouver has many LPs which somehow show up as CDs when listed at Worldcat. Click on their Worldcat entries (or go to the library catalog itself) for further details and this is resolved, but they still show up in the CD "category" at Worldcat, when one restricts to "CD" in the left column for example, ... ... ... . This is probably true of others besides U. Vancouver but it is definitely true of them...
In general with Worldcat and other sites (or... anything.), know how they work and what they are when using them :)...

Alan Howe

Thanks to Atsushi for the upload of Petar Konjović's Symphony. I don't think it's a work out of the top drawer - in fact I'm sure it isn't - but it is nevertheless fascinating to hear it. He seems to have been self-taught and have striven to write music with a distinctively Serbian national flavour. The Symphony is early and probably untypical of his mature style; a fascinating historical document. It'd be good to hear it in a modern recording and played by a better orchestra, grateful though we must be to Atsushi for even being able to hear it ion the first place.
Konjović died as recently as 1970...

Christopher

There is some information here about Croatian composers, with a few MP3 files attached:
http://www.croatianhistory.net/etf/et12.html