News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Dutton Epoch and MDT

Started by BFerrell, Friday 18 November 2011, 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

BFerrell

Can anyone explain to me why MDT refuses to sell Dutton Epoch releases It strikes me a a peculiar situation. Thank you.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Tapiola on Friday 18 November 2011, 22:45
Can anyone explain to me why MDT refuses to sell Dutton Epoch releases It strikes me a a peculiar situation. Thank you.

I would like to know that too.

petershott@btinternet.com

I guess it is a case of Dutton deciding not to supply MDT, rather than the latter refusing to sell Dutton.

But whatever the explanation, I've obtained all Dutton releases from HMV. Why? Well, on release they come along (at least to UK buyers) at a staggeringly cheap £5.99 - post free, and arrive within 3-5 days of ordering in a sturdy little box well able to survive the passage from Jersey and Royal Mail sorting machines.

The HMV website is a clumsy and stupid affair - but try searching under, e.g. duttonvocalion moeran (or whatever). Once stocks become exhausted, and HMV has to 'back order', the price is bumped up to £7.99. At these prices no excuse for not buying the entire Dutton catalogue!

Peter

Jimfin

I ordered for a while via the Tower Records in Tokyo, and they got any Dutton I wanted, but took a while. I now order direct from the Dutton website, and they get me stuff here (Japan) within 5 days of clicking, which is how long the post takes, and if anything's late and one complains, they reply in minutes, with a real name. The high Yen is another incentive for me, but even without that, I'd highly recommend their direct service. If not, I believe Tower Records are pretty international, so go into your local branch