Josef Tal Symphony No.2

Started by Dundonnell, Saturday 03 December 2011, 02:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

In recompense for my stupidity in uploading a couple of Laszlo Lajtha symphonies which are actually on Hungaroton cds I am uploading a concert performance of the Second Symphony of the Israeli composer Josef Tal. Obviously, the Lajtha have been removed ;D

semloh

Ah, so you are fallible after all, Colin.  ;D  And, I see you are up late again!  ::)

Thanks for the Tal symphony. I have the CPO disc of 1 & 2, so it will offer an interesting comparison, down the track....

Dundonnell

Oh the odd mistake creeps in from time to time, Colin ;D ;D

I bet you that my list of the Henk Badings symphonies and concertos contain one or two ;D

The important thing at my(our?? ;D ;D) time of life is to stay away from the goggle box and turning into a couch potato by keeping the brain cells fully engaged :)

As for "up late again"....I have always been a 'night owl'; best time to get work done in my opinion. Alun Hoddinott taught all day at the university in Cardiff and composed all through the night-which, of course, is why so many of his compositions have got the word "night" in them ;D  Goodness knows when he slept ::) ::)