Lachner Symphony No.6

Started by John H White, Friday 27 January 2012, 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

badams@nl.rogers.com

I note that Gerd's realization of Lachner's sixth is now up on facebook.  I hope that was done with your knowledge and consent, Gerd.

Brian

gprengel

where in facebook do you see that? I don't find it ...

Gerd

badams@nl.rogers.com

Alan Howe

...who seems to have the same recordings as we have in our Downloads board. >:(

Gareth Vaughan

That's very naughty. That's theft, really, I think.

badams@nl.rogers.com

I had noticed that from time to time.   ::)  I generally accept this sort of thing, rightly or wrongly, as being part of the surprisingly anarchistic world of classical music sharing and it's general lack of acknowledgement and seeking of permission to share .  But in this case I thought it was particularly egregious given the sheer effort that Gerd put into his realization, as the well as the fact that the posting on facebook must have followed immediately on the heels of Gerd having shared his work here.

Brian

gprengel

No, this is alright! I had contacted him because of his former midi version at youtube of the symphony with the many errors. He asked whether he could use my mp3 files which was fine with me. So, everything is ok. He also gave credit to my name. I don't have any claims on my version,  just want to spread it in any way :-)

But where do you find it at facebook?

Gerd

Gareth Vaughan

Ah, right. OK. That's all good then.

badams@nl.rogers.com

I stand corrected.  Sorry Gerd!

Brian

Ilja

I think where Brian says "Facebook", he means "Youtube", Gerd.

badams@nl.rogers.com

Oh, yeah, right.  Youtube, not facebook.   :-[

Brian

gprengel

I dont get it - in November I contacted the orchestra in Taiwan that recorded a Lachner symphony without ever getting an answer... and now I got the Information by a German musicologist that this orchestra will record the 6th symphony this year.... !!??

badams@nl.rogers.com

But good news either way, yes?

Alan Howe

It'll be great to have the recording, but Gerd got there first!