News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Gernsheim PC

Started by Alan Howe, Tuesday 10 November 2009, 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

edurban

I just listened to the sound samples of the piano quintets on Toccata's website, and Holy Cow!  Fantastic pieces, surging Romanticism at its finest.  I have to go order them now...

David

Alan Howe

They are indeed great works. Every bit as good as anything by Brahms.

chill319

The score to Gernsheim's Symphony 4 has recently become available on IMSLP:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_No.4,_Op.62_%28Gernsheim,_Friedrich%29

Peter1953

What an amazing trio of truly grandiose concertos:  Bortkiewicz's wonderful violin concerto as a starter, Gernsheim's gorgeous piano concerto as the main course, and Cliffe's astonishing violin concerto as the best possible dessert.
Last evening I had an almost an esoteric listening experience of one and an half hour.

A set of three, still unrecorded... Suppose some executive producers are spotting our Forum, reading our enthusiastic posts, thinking what a challange the recording of these winning masterpieces would be, finding and motivating the best possible orchestra's and soloists, seeing the commercial advantages, and afterwards reading our posts, praising their labels and new releases...

Let's cross our fingers...

eschiss1

Is the radio recording of the Gernsheim concerto the February 2008 (editing in, sorry) recording made by Oliver Triendl? Of curiosity...
Eric

Alan Howe