News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Vanishing files

Started by shamokin88, Tuesday 28 February 2012, 23:54

Previous topic - Next topic

shamokin88

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Although some files I have uploaded appear on our lists they are no longer accessible [Giannini and Cowell].
What happened to them? I did not remove them.

I'm happy to upload things - I'd rather put the effort into doing that rather than re-uploading things.

Best from Shamokin88.

Dundonnell

Although I had already downloaded all of your uploads, Edward, I have just gone back to check the links you mentioned.

The Cowell links are all still working, ie I could download the files again if I needed to.

However, you are quite correct in saying that the Giannini links are now being declared "Invalid or Deleted". This would appear to be a Mediafire problem. All I can suggest is that you contact Mediafire directly and seek an explanation.

Greg K

Umm...I had plans to download the Giannini Symphonies this weekend.

shamokin88

I have had several requests to upload once more things I had uploaded perviously. The most recent was to replace Walter Spencer Huffman's Viola Concerto. It is still on our site - and I have uploaded it once more this afternoon. Before I performed that remedial miracle when I clicked on the URL that brought up a piece by Yardumian. Earlier this week I had a like request that resulted in a another re-uploading to replace what our site brought up - a piece by Gunther Raphael that I did not even have in my collection.

When I looked at the "my files" page I saw an upload for a Henry Cowell piece that I did not upload.

I'm waiting for someone else to ask me to re-upload the Yardumian piece.

I have occasionally e-mailed MediaFire either to receive no answer at all to a question or simply to be told what I knew in the first instance - that the link is invalid or the piece is not there.

It all seems a miracle that any of this works but can anyone explain why these things happen?

Best from Shamokin88