Could this signify a recording of RS Coke music in the offing?

Started by eschiss1, Monday 06 August 2012, 07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

petershott@btinternet.com

I shall certainly write. I would like to convey my gratitude for the glorious - and often quite unexpected - music tumbling out of the EM Festival. The Gurney Vn Sonata is a case in point, as is the imminent disc of Parry's 1878 Quartet and 1884 Quintet. (I can hardly wait to listen to that one).

And to top it all only this evening did I read the press release for the 'Cotswold Connection' to be held in late September. That will include a first performance of a Vn Sonata in B minor by Howells. I shall have to find out about that - I guess it may have been written before the three sonatas (in E major, E flat major, and E minor, and composed between 1917 and 1923) recorded by Paul Barritt and Catherine Edwards on a Hyperion disc of a few years back? There is no promise that this Howells work will make it to a commercially available disc, but I hope it does.

And of course on top of the praise for all of these there will be (underlined and emboldened) a request for more recordings, including performances of Coke - from the little I know I am quite intrigued.