If the recording companies were watching...

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 12 April 2012, 20:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Excellent :)

It is very well-hidden on the site ::)   Many thanks for finding it ;D ;D

TerraEpon

Quote from: hemmesjo on Friday 15 June 2012, 02:00
And a two disc set of Lyadov's piano music.

If you didn't know, Brilliant issued a five disc set with all of it.

musiclover

How about more Arnell?

Sections (2nd Piano Concerto)
Landscapes & Figures
The War God

Amazing to think he would have been top of my list with just about anything, but now so much of it has been done you bump into recordings of his music everywhere!

Nervous Gentleman

Anton Rubinstein's many unrecorded and unperformed operas would be a first choice for me.

eschiss1

I hope his Dmitri Donskoi (beyond the overture) is merely misplaced and will be found, and not lost/destroyed. And I agree as to the rest.

mbhaub

I wouldn't mind a new set of complete symphonies, this time with a well-rehearsed, first-class orchestra and a highly sympathetic, even enthusiastic, conductor, and sacd sound. When pigs fly...

FBerwald

I know it's been done before [quite beautifully], but I wouldn't mind another version of the Kamenny-Ostrov set.

Karl.Miller

Someone mentioned the music of EB Hill...the 3 Concerted works for Piano and Orchestra, and the 4th Symphony have been recorded by the Austin Texas Symphony and will be released this year.

Karl

Gareth Vaughan

LateRomantic75

That is indeed exciting news, Karl! I've loved what little I've heard of EB Hill's beautiful, impressionistic music.

jerfilm

that is great news.  Thanks for passing that on, Karl.....

Jerry

alberto

Reading again this thread, I see that since april 2012 I got from Naxos Casella "War Pages" (a work today I would deem, for its idiom, no longer within the forum remit) and Mancinelli "Scene Veneziane". And I may hope to get (again from Naxos) Sgambati "Epitalamio Sinfonico".And indeed I thought not to be realistic.

FBerwald

Long overdue :( .... Joseph Marx - Eine Herbstsymphonie. Hyperion.... r u listening :)

Alan Howe

The Marx needs a really great orchestra to do it justice - and certainly one of a decent size.

LateRomantic75

I, too, long for a spectacular CD recording of the Herbstsymphonie with a world-class orchestra and sympathetic conductor. However, I would expect CPO, not Hyperion, to be the label to do the job. In fact, I've heard isolated rumors that CPO does indeed have this masterwork in the pipeline...