A final volume in the Grainger-series from Chandos?

Started by M. Henriksen, Tuesday 17 April 2012, 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Henriksen

I've for a long time been aware of a post at the Chandos-forum written by Ralph Couzens of Chandos in June 2010:

"The Grainger edition was to have been completed by Richard Hickox of course with the final and biggest one of all featuring many musicians and choruses.
This will now take place in Melbourne with the MSO and conducted by Sir Andrew Davis
As far as Chandos is concerned this will probably complete our survey of Grainger."

Does anyone have any knowledge about this final volume and what the contents might be?
I'm especially curious since this will involve "many musicians and choruses". And Grainger's catalogue of works is a bit too chaotic for me to do any research I'm afraid.

Morten

TerraEpon

A couple bits about it are mentioned in the notes of the box set.

It'll certainly have "A Tribute to Foster". I'd think they'd also have The Jungle Book cycle, as it's missing in that form from the edition, but that's hardly 'big' in instrumentation. I dunno what else IS though.

And Penelope Thwaites's website for many years suggested that three volumes of four hand piano music was coming,...there's NONE in the set.

Bizzare though that if they are only having one more CD they didn't just wait and make it 20 discs, rather than a box of 19 and an anomalous extra.