Listings of National Uploads

Started by Dundonnell, Friday 20 April 2012, 17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

As a follow-up to comments I made in the American Downloads Discussion thread.....

Albion curates the marvellous British and Irish Music Downloads Archive. Sydney Grew recently posted a list of all the Czech Music uploads.

In order to try to help members who upload music which has already been uploaded by someone else I offered to comipile a list of all American Music Uploads.
I have commenced that exercise and could probably get it finished in a week or so :)  Such a list would be similar to that for Czech Music and would not even begin to compare with Albion's work but I think it could be helpful ???

albion

That would be extremely helpful to many members, Colin.

:)

Thanks for undertaking to provide (and possibly maintain?) such a list for what is a rapidly expanding section.

:o

Sydney Grew gave the posting dates as a finding-tool for the Czech contributions -

http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,1405.msg32130.html#msg32130

which is an effective and practical solution to the problem of navigating through the relevant download thread. Are you planning something similar?

???

Dundonnell

I have completed a listing of all the music uploaded for the American Downloads section. I did indeed follow Sydney's example by including the dates of upload.
I am also perfectly happy to update as new works become available.

The question now is where to lodge this ???

Mark Thomas

It should be in the Downloads section, I think, and I can make it "sticky" so that it stays at the top of the page. As posts there require moderator approval for changes, apart from those made by the original poster, it would be safe from tampering but you can update it, Colin. Shall I move it?

Dundonnell

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Monday 23 April 2012, 08:09
It should be in the Downloads section, I think, and I can make it "sticky" so that it stays at the top of the page. As posts there require moderator approval for changes, apart from those made by the original poster, it would be safe from tampering but you can update it, Colin. Shall I move it?

Yes, that is certainly the sensible option to take, Mark, and yes, please move it :)

Mark Thomas