Index of Composer Catalogues

Started by Dundonnell, Tuesday 01 May 2012, 16:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Mark,

I dislike suggesting anything that involves any addition effort on your part but I think that it might be time to create an Index for the Composer catalogues in the Composer Reference section.

This might be along the same lines as the Index for American Music Downloads, ie a sticky which can be kept up to date. Since I have already posted two index threads in the Reference Section (one for British Composers and one for Americans) I would be perfectly happy if these two were merged. I would also be perfectly happy-since I started these two-to keep them up to date and to add the composers from other countries whose music has already been catalogued and will be in the future.

Mark Thomas

Colin, thanks for the offer which I'll eagerly take you up on because I honestly have no time to do it myself. A sticky thread at the head of the board, building on your British and American summaries is the way to go of course and Alan and I between us will make sure that any "reply" posts in that particular thread are bumped off somewhere else, because if I lock it then you couldn't amend the Index of catalogues. Unlike the Downloads board, I don't think it appropriate to restrict Composer Reference to moderator approved posts only. Let me know when you're ready to go.

You don't feel like doing the same job for the Downloads board do you?  ;)

Dundonnell

Happy to do the necessary work on the Composer Catalogues Index :)

I am not quite sure how this works though ??? Do I merge the two existing Alphabetical Composer Catalogue Indexes (British and American)-both of which I started-and you make it a sticky ???

If so, just say the word and I shall get the ball rolling. I have been keeping the two existing indexes up to date anyway and I shall add the composers from other countries under national sub-headings.

As for your other suggestion  ;D ;D........I have already committed myself to the Catalogue of American Music Downloads and I might...just might...be prepared to do something similar for the Scandinavians but that is probably enough of a promise to make :) :) Surely somebody else could take on some, at least, of the other countries ???

And, I do need to reiterate, that these will be simple lists of the downloaded music plus dates of download. They will most defintely not come even close to the quite magnificent work done by Albion for the British and Irish Downloads.

Mark Thomas

I've carried this on by PM, Colin.