Cameo Classics - Pabst & Jadassohn

Started by Richard Moss, Tuesday 12 June 2012, 20:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Moss

A quick look at the Cameo classics web-site has now revealed that the 'missing' Vol 4 of German-Jewish composers is in fact a re-issue of previous material - Jadassohn Sym 1 & PC; Pabst PC.  (Presumably this is for their internal technical reasons).

Three foot-notes:
1)

Richard Moss

Apologies for the interrupted msg (finger trouble again!)

Footnotes were:

1) Alan - this solves the earlier query on what Vol 4 was all about!

2) Gareth - I believe you are in contact with Mr Kent-Watson.  A few years ago, he wrote an extensive footnote to a Rob Barnett review (of a Classico release)  in which he expounded his 'hoped for' intentions for Cameo Classics future releases (e.g. Gernsheim VC 1 in the 2007-2009 period).  Did they go the way of all flesh (and most CD 'futures'?

3) Does anyone have any success in ordering from the Cameo classics web-site.  I've tried to add the German-Jewish composers (vol 5) to my cart but then can't get it to respond to see the cart nor can I find any contact or help point!  Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

Richard

Mark Thomas

QuoteDoes anyone have any success in ordering from the Cameo classics web-site
I ordered three CDs from their web site a few weeks ago with no difficulty and the discs arrived after about two weeks.

Steve B

My experience of Cameo classics is mixed; I have had problems with ordering 2 cds, whereby they were just not sent within about 3 weeks; i think I may have got the first one(Pabst PC, which is brilliant)within a shorter timescale; they only have PayPal as a payment method. Having said that, becuase I could not process one payment via payPal(i forget the reason) Mr. Kent-Watson swiftly sent me a free cd:) So as i said, mixed experiences. I know they are only a very small company but I run avery small business too(and i am a one-man show!), and I do not think such delays are good PR; that said I like their cds:) Steve B

Alan Howe

I had no problem with the ordering process either - as Mark indicated, the CD did take a few weeks to arrive, though.

Gareth Vaughan

Dear Richard,

To answer your questions: (2) Alas, yes. There are no plans for any major orchestral recordings in the immediate future - but things may change very quickly because David is continually exploring new avenues. Keep your fingers crossed.
(3) Have just visited the site and had no problem in filling the cart and viewing it between selecting items for inclusion - nor of deleting the lot at the end! If you continue to have problems, I suggest you (a) try viewing it in another browser, or (b) write directly to David Kent Watson.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Richard Moss

Thanks to all for your replies re: Cameo Classics website et al.  Will try ordering process again! (and hope for further enjoyable releases).

Richard