Problem with Mediafire

Started by fr8nks, Friday 11 May 2012, 14:59

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Just minutes ago I had this trojan pop up (on a different computer) as I was about to download the third movement of the Block Three Jewish Poems.   I will run the Malware program and see if it picks up the same one as before.  I expect it will. 

Jerry

britishcomposer

I have it almost once every day. It appears when I try to download the first or second file from mediafire. It doesn't appear afterwards.
First I have to click OK. I cannot close this window. When I click OK the next window will open, which 'informs' me that I have three viruses. I can close this window.

I don't think it's on my - or your - computer, Jerry. But I wonder if other members have had the same experience. It is quite a recent form of ad I think.
It doesn't pop up when I surf elsewhere. Quite disturbing, anyway. Should one inform mediafire of it?

shamokin88

I have come across this as well, usually about thirty or forty-five seconds into a download. The download then stops. I use a MAC and I simply "escape" from Safari, bypassing the need to click on the unwanted pop-up and start over. It does not return during the new session although I may see it during the next one; I just do the same thing.

suffolkcoastal

I've been having problems opening the British and Irish Music archive accessing any of the pages and being unable to listen or download any items for a while. I keep getting oops we can't connect to mediafile, I used to have no problems and I'm starting to get rather annoyed.

suffolkcoastal

Actually I can't access anything of mediafile this evening, clearly something's wrong with mediafile.

albion

Hi suffolkcoastal, sorry that you're having (hopefully temporary) problems. I saw your post and have just done some test downloads out of several folders directly from the archive (without logging in to my mediafire account) and downloaded files without anything untoward occuring.

Please could other members try downloading in order to ascertain whether or not the issue is general or localised?

???

britishcomposer

I am just downloading two Brian files from your archive, John, and it works fine.

suffolkcoastal

I've just tried a few more times, most of the time mediafile won't load up and I get the it is taking too long message, or if it does upload the mediafile page contains no files. I'm even trying the various folders and getting the same result. The net speed is fine, (it did an 80 mins itunes album download in less than 30 seconds) and everything else, even the most detailed web page is quick to download. I'm currently at my partners (about 40 miles from London) the broadband is far superior down here to my home in Suffolk.

Dundonnell

No problems for me either with MediafiRe (not MediafiLe).

suffolkcoastal

Well I've given up as I've tried another 30 times, I can occasionally get in to the catalogue but the moment I press download I get the same old message that it can't connect. I just tried the Butting downloads with the same result. I've checked everything on my computer and am at a total loss. As its been like this now for two weeks, it looks as if I'm no longer going to be able to use this website to listen to all these rare works, which has greatly upset me. Is there any other way to listen and download the attached files without having to use this mediafile service?

fr8nks

You might try Google Chrome. If you don't like it you can remove it.

suffolkcoastal

I'm using google chrome and have been for over a year. I don't think that is the problem and I've checked to see if any updates are due, but everything seems to be up to date.

jerfilm

If you' not using Firefox you might try that.  Sometimes AOL does crappy stuff and I switch over to Firefox.

Jerry

fr8nks

Can you download this  (lower right hand corner of web page)? By the way, I think this is an interesting work.

http://classical-music-online.net/en/production/30505

Richard Moss

Mark,

I've not been able to download your last few very interesting German/Austrian uploads.  My PC says there are "...too many re-directs"!.  Others' posts to Mediafire work fine (as do your earlier ones).  Have you changed anything?

Richard