Report problems with Romantic PCs from Brilliant here!!

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 13 January 2010, 09:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

I thought it might be a good idea for me to coordinate the reporting of problems with the box set "The Golden Age of the Romantic Piano Concerto". I have been on the phone to Brilliant Classics in Holland this morning and they were unaware of the problem with CD13 (the first three tracks contain Tchaikovsky PC1 instead of PC3) and so are investigating what has gone wrong.

Please would any members or guests of this forum now report any problems on this thread? I will then liaise with Brilliant Classics. Thanks!

PS It would be a help if anyone finding a problem with this box who described the issue in the previous thread could report it again here for the sake of clarity.

Steve B

thanks, Alan.

Another problem was cd 1, which  skipped in several places because of a piece/pieces of card that had come off the cover; though it responded to cleaning, this is not aceptable either. Their quality control, generally, needs addressing.

Thanks for doing this, Alan

Steve

Alan Howe

Thanks, Steve. Brilliant Classics may send you a replacement single CD. Try an e-mail to...

info@brilliantclassics.com

You could also mention my name in connection with the problem with CD13.

thalbergmad

I never listened to CD13.

I had 2 CD5 and no CD15. When my brother contacted them, they said they would send me the whole lot again, which was why I was giving away my incomplete set.

Thal

Alan Howe

Hi Thal,
Have you now got a complete set? And what is on your copy of CD13?

thalbergmad

I have not received replacement as yet.

I will listen to CD13 tonight to check what is on mine.

Thal

Peter1953

Like Alan's copy, my copy of CD13 has Tchaikovsky's PC 1 instead of 3. PC 3 is also described in the notes. That's the only error in my set. The rest is fine, also the packaging.

thalbergmad

Indeed my CD13 is Tchaikovsky 1.

In life, one gets what one pays for i guess.

Thal

Alan Howe

OK, I suggest that everyone with a CD13 containing PC1 instead of PC3 should e-mail Brilliant Classics.

Peter: thanks for your reassurance that the rest of the box seems OK.

TerraEpon

Not this set, but yesterday I got the new release of R-K's songs -- ALL three CDs had slight skips and seemed to have a bit of damage to them. I have to wonder WTF was going on there. And since I bought from MDT across the pond, I hardly want to go through the back-and-forth-paying-shipping process, especially only to get back another defective copy.

Very bizzare....

(Not to mention, the set lacks Op. 49, yet claims to be complete on the outside, and there's far more than enough room, though that's more of an issue with the original recordings I'd wager)

Steve B

thalberg, I half agree with ur sentiment-"in life one gets what one pays for"! But even William Barrington-Coupe(Joyce Hatto's partner), with his dubious practices, never recorded the wrong actual PIECE onto a cd.Quality is a different matter, I appreciate.

Steve

Peter1953

Personally I don't care that much. I have bought a 20 CD Box for a bargain price and I'm happy with it. There are some beautiful piano concertos and Konzertstücke which I have added to my collection.
Brilliant made a strange fault, that's true. But never mind, if you as a lover of romantic piano concertos already have the Apex CD with Tchaikovsky's PC 2 & 3, beautifully played by Elisabeth Leonskaja with the NYP  :)