News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Leon Mouravieff

Started by reiger, Friday 18 May 2012, 21:38

Previous topic - Next topic

reiger

Nativite (for String Trio and String Orchestra) by Leon Mouravieff (1905-1987) is on a Christophorus CD (CHE 0051-2) of Concertante Russian Music that I've got. The piece is the first part of his triptychon La Mere, which would be followed by the movements Pieta and Notre-Dame de la Sainte-Sagesse. Nativite is a beautiful soothing piece, but I have been unable to find any recordings of the entire La Mere - nor any other recorded works by Mouravieff! Does anyone know if any such recordings are out there?

eschiss1

The VIAF-approved form of his name is Léon Mouravieff (some libraries may be picky about the accent). Worldcat.org lists a 1973 recording (same as the Christophorus? different?) by the Eastman String Trio of the same work on a Vox Box set (no, I think this 1973 recording, now I look, first came out on LP, as I think may have the CD you have...), and some LPs (a 1974 recording of a work called "Strophe, antistrophe, épode" but that may be the main exception- mostly recordings of La nativité, yes... hrm.)

reiger

Quote from: eschiss1 on Saturday 19 May 2012, 14:29
The VIAF-approved form of his name is Léon Mouravieff (some libraries may be picky about the accent). Worldcat.org lists a 1973 recording (same as the Christophorus? different?) by the Eastman String Trio of the same work on a Vox Box set (no, I think this 1973 recording, now I look, first came out on LP, as I think may have the CD you have...), and some LPs (a 1974 recording of a work called "Strophe, antistrophe, épode" but that may be the main exception- mostly recordings of La nativité, yes... hrm.)

Thanks for the help. Not much more Mouravieff out there I guess... By the way, the Christophorus recording is from 1981 (Southwest German Chamber Orchestra, Paul Angerer conducting).