Keeping down the cost.

Started by John H White, Friday 22 January 2010, 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

petershott@btinternet.com

Looks as if numerica-multimedia.pt might produce the desired result.

Fingers crossed on your behalf.

Peter

wunderkind

Thanks, Peter - indeed, the disc was listed on that site.  I appreciate the response.

I went through the order process and got a message that the purchase was complete.  However, I never was asked to enter my credit card info - so I imagine I will be hearing, perhaps via email, from the Portugalsom folk.

Caroline

Quote from: petershott@btinternet.com on Friday 19 March 2010, 21:22
Hello Caroline - Glad you've made contact.

It might be worth saying that I've used Naxosdirect a few times in recent months. You get an A1 positive rating from this customer. Each time, CDs have arrived the following day having been sent by 1st class post. And they are also very carefully packed in stout cardboard packaging well able to withstand the ravages of Royal Mail. I've also had the experience of something been out of stock, although advertised, and someone at Naxosdirect took real pains to source the item from another country and insisted on not accepting any additional payment. I've been very impressed by the service.

And now sheer effrontery: do you give away CPO recordings? I could give you a list as long as my arm derived from my 'wants list'!! However fortunately a few get ticked off each month - although others quickly appear to take their place! More seriously, I'm enormously grateful to CPO for your work in recording hitherto unknown and unsung composers. Long may the work continue! And I'm sure most others on this forum would echo my gratitude.

Incidentally if you have influence in such matters: CPO recordings come along with a wealth of notes in the booklets. But, oooh heavens, the English translations are sometimes pretty indigestible! Yet indigestible notes are far to be preferred to an absence of information!

Best wishes for the continued success of CPO and Naxosdirect.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm pleased you speak so highly of Naxos Direct!

As for giving away CPO recordings, many people ask this and I wish I could. Sadly we don't. We get sent promotional copies but these are sent to journalists as we obviously want as many CPO reviews as possible! Occasionally when they bring out a boxed set or a re-release, journalists do not review these so we sometimes have spares we can use as competition prizes. Usually the repertoire is so niche though, it's difficult trying to persuade websites to run competitions with CPO discs. We do set up campaigns on Naxos Direct and with other mail order sites such as MDT, Crotchet or Presto from time to time so i'll keep you posted of any special offers.

Sadly I don't have much influence over the booklet translation. We get sent the information here and try to re-write it into coherent English, which we disseminate to trade.

If you do have any CPO questions do contact me though and I can contact the label direct.