How do you add a photo - jpeg, gif, whatever?

Started by jerfilm, Monday 04 June 2012, 22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

I tried pasting using without success.....How??

Jerry

shamokin88

reiger

1. To copy a photo off the Internet, right click on the picture, then left click on "Copy Image Location." A photo must have a "source address" to be posted, and it must be "hosted" on a web site in order to generate a source address, so... if I have a picture stored on my hard drive that I want to post, I find it easiest to simply e-mail it to myself. Once received, I view the image and right click on it, and then left click on "Copy Image Location."
2. To post the photo on the UC website, left click on the "Insert Image" icon. The HTML code will appear with the cursor automatically positioned between the start and end HTML codes.
3. Then use the "Paste" shortcut (Ctrl+C in Windows; Cmd+C for MAC) or menu command to "Paste" -- and the image location will be placed within the HTML code.
4. "Preview" your post to ensure it appears.

Hope that helps!  :)

jerfilm

I did as you instructed but right clicking on the photo does not produce the option copy image location.  Are you using Windows7?

Jerry

reiger

I use MAC OSX... the comparable Windows option might be something slightly different, like "Copy Link Location"(?) or something like that...

jerfilm

I don't believe there is a comparable Windows option.  I surely have never seen it. 

Thanks for your help, though.  I do appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Jerry

Mark Thomas

In Windows right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location". Of course, it is possible for the owner of the image to cloak the location, in which case this option won't be available. Then you'd have to copy the image, upload it to a location of your choosing and use that address.

jerfilm

Very mysterious.  I have right clicked on hundreds of pictures over the years and have never seen the option to "Copy Image Location"...... It must work somehow as many of you have posted images to the site, but I' ve never encountered it......

J

Mark Thomas

Try downloading Firefox and using that as your browser. It works for me.

jerfilm

I have used Firefox successfully from time to time but I don't see how that solves the inserting image problem.

Jerry

Mark Thomas

If you right click on an image when you are using Firefox (at least in its most recent incarnations) you get an option in the pop up menu to Copy Image Location. That'll load the image's url into the clipboard. You can then use that address in your UC post, together with UC's "Insert Image" tag, to display the image in your post.

reiger

If using Internet Explorer, try this:

To copy the URL of an image that appears on a page:

1. Click on the desired picture with the right mouse button.
  2. Select Properties from the menu.
  3. Highlight the address appearing under Address (URL):.
  4. Press Ctrl-C to copy.

You would then paste that URL into the UC "Insert Image" tag, as previously explained.

jerfilm

OK, then, one last question (tongue in cheek....), how do I get an image from one of my files into Firefox?  Or does it have to be an image that comes off an internet URL?

J

thalbergmad

You can easily use a holding site like photobucket.

Download the photo you want, upload to photobucket, copy the image link and post here.

And here you have one of my mum's roast dinners.

Thal

allison

Will be right over, tell Mom you'll have guests!!