Previous topic - Next topic

mjkFendrich

Enescu's 5th symphony (completed by P.Bentoiu) + Isis

Deutsche Radio Philharmonie
conducted by Peter Ruzicka
Marius Vlad, Tenor
Thomas Bauer, Bariton
NDR Chor

quasi live broadcast (with a time shift of 1 hour) from a forthcoming Matinée concert in Saarbrücken / Germany
17.06.2012 | SR2 | 12:00

lechner1110

Hi, I recorded tonight's concert.  I will edit and upload them ;)

eschiss1

If you uploaded this (I see you did, Jun 17 2012), please reconsider (well, ok, probably no longer exists in the new scheme of things anyway but) - this is now a recording on the cpo label (just announced as a new release, anyway, coupled together).

Mykulh

Source of this information, olease?

eschiss1

Oh- sorry, yes, got it directly from the new releases section of JPC.de.

Mykulh

Thanks Alan abd Eric. Now, if only CPO would give catalogue numbers on their webpage....!

eschiss1

btw, cpo/jpc have a point- while these two works have been broadcast a fair deal if one's been fortunate enough to hear them that way (assuming they're one's cup of tea in the first place, as they are mine- the 5th symphony with its impressive funeral march especially) - this is, I think, the commercial recording premiere, after 20 years (from the time of reconstruction-from-sketches). (Of course that's rather less than some works have waited, my only point I guess, slight as it was, was that for some reason I'd managed to assume they'd been recorded even as much as a few times already, maybe subconsciously just because I do know I've heard a few different broadcast recordings of both (the symphony and Isis, I think) already (at least the ones that were on BBC a few years ago and the more recent ones from the Enescu Festival a couple of years back...) ;) )

Gareth Vaughan

Does anyone know of any plans to record the reconstructed 4th Symphony?

BerlinExpat

It was also reconstructed by Pascal Bentoiu, in 1996, and was recorded in the Mihail Hall of the Romanian Radio Society, 6th September 2011. It was played by the Transilvania State Philharmonic - Cluj and was available on YouTube at the time. It's in three movements but I have no further information except that it's 30 minutes in length. Can upload if it's no longer available.

eschiss1

I think he meant _commercially_ record, given the context (since I referred to a commercial recording of the 5th symphony and indeed there I think is an upload of the 4th and 5th symphony on our site (and the other symphonies, except no.2) - though one of the uploads of the 5th symphony (& Isis) should probably be removed in light of this cpo announcement, per our rules, I believe), but maybe not?...

Gareth Vaughan

Thanks, Eric. Yes, I meant "commercially" recorded. Sorry. I should have been clearer.

eschiss1

According to a comment on someone's YouTube (from 2 years ago, which I just noticed), there -is- or was a recording of the 4th and 5th symphonies on the label Editura, conducted by Andreescu. Ah. Ok!...

Alan Howe

Those links are to recordings which include performances of two of the four 'Study Symphonies' which predate Enescu's official Symphony No.1.