August Ritter von Adelburgh 1830-1873

Started by allison, Sunday 08 July 2012, 09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/viaje-a-itaca/viaje-itaca-viaje-turquia-ii-06-07-12/1457030/

This is a broadcast of the recording of August Ritter von Adelburgh's Symphony-Fantasia Op. 9 Aux Bordes du Bosphore on Spanish Radio RNE, usually available for a few weeks if anyone is interested in a Romantic composer born in Turkey of Croatian and Italian descent. Nice piece.

jerfilm

Thanks, Allison.  It's a lovely piece of the kind of stuff this forum is all about.

I captured this and have it downloaded if anyone is interested......

Jerry

EarlyRomantic

Jerry, Yes, please! Thank you! After listening to all 42 voluptuous, esoteric minutes of this, I dreamed, "Now, wouldn't it be nice if someone downloaded THIS!" What a "capture"! How/where else would this be available than here?!

Lionel Harrsion

I'm not familiar with the composer or the piece but if there's 42 minutes of esoteric voluptuousness on offer, you'd have to be mad to turn your nose up at it!  And so a hearty "yes, please, Jerry" from me too.

allison

I believe it is available on CD, that is why I didn't post it here where it might lead to a problem, but put it in as a listening recommendation.

This page shows a sold copy on Ebay, and the number of Brilliant Classics CD is there.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130549049671#ht_3180wt_931

jerfilm

Well, if you get it sorted out and it's OK, I'll gladly upload it.

Jerry

JimL

Is the broadcast of a live performance or a recording, Jerry?  If it's live, you can send it on in.

jerfilm

I can't say for sure, but there is no applause.   The performers are the Sinfonia da Praga under Emra Araci if that helps any......

Jerry

Lionel Harrsion

They are the same performers as on the Brilliant Classics CD, then, Jerry.  That doesn't necessarily mean that it's a broadcast of that recording but it's at least probable, sadly.

jerfilm

Too bad - we tried.  Those who have internet capture programs can pick it up.  The Sinfonia starts about 9 minutes into the program.  It is quite a lovely work.

J