Brüll Symphony in E Minor, Op. 31

Started by JimL, Thursday 20 May 2010, 01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth Vaughan

QuoteThere are two problems with my copy:

1. In the first movement of the serenade (track 5), there is a loud electronic crackle-pop at timing mark 5:08.  Does this occur in anyone else's copy?

2. The first two pages of the booklet are blurred to the point of being unreadable.  Again, anyone else?

There's nothing wrong with mine - CD nor booklet. If you write to Cameo Classics explaining the problem, David Kent-Watson will send you a replacement.

QuoteGareth Vaughan mentioned http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,59.msg459.html#msg459 that he was still proofreading a performing edition of the rest of Brull's concerto as of May 31 2009 - no idea the status of that project now almost a year later, but I think that was after the CC recording was released.

Michael Laus, the conductor of the Malta Philharmonic, produced a modern edition of the Brull VC, at my suggestion, working from the original MS and correcting (incidentally) a number of errors in the printed piano/violin score and the copyist's MS held by Fleisher. His is now the definitive edition. This was recorded by Cameo with the same violinist who performed the slow movt. with the Belarus orchestra under Marius Stravinsky. This CD has been released and can be found on Cameo's website. The reason the complete Brull VC was not recorded originally with the Belarussians was that the Fleisher MS was so full of mistakes. Does this clear things up, Eric?

eschiss1

Richard Moss

A very belated reply to Jim's initial query over his unwanted clicks in the Brull download!!!

Have you checked the downloaded file to see if the clicks are in the file or in the CD-burning process.  Like Gareth, my copy of the CD (purchased as a CD) is fine.

I mention this since I've also had the odd problem when transferring downloads to CD but have found that the click is not present in the actual download MP3 file, so have deduced the CD burning process must be at fault.

Just a thought!

Cheers

Richard