News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Rubinstein Overtures

Started by JimL, Tuesday 02 October 2012, 05:53

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

Does anybody have any recordings of the Triumphal Overture and/or the Concert Overture Op. 65 by Anton Rubinstein that aren't commercially available they would be willing to share?

EdwardHan

The triumphal overture was released by MDG.

JimL

Unfortunately I can't find it for download anywhere.  And the Concert Overture, Op. 65 doesn't seem to be available commercially.  I was just wondering if anybody had a broadcast performance of either one available.

eschiss1

you might have better luck searching for it under opus 60 (the concert overture's real no.) - opus 65 is the first cello concerto. I emphasize may, not will...

JimL

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 03 October 2012, 04:48
you might have better luck searching for it under opus 60 (the concert overture's real no.) - opus 65 is the first cello concerto. I emphasize may, not will...
Duh!  I knew that!  I have the cello concertos!  >:(  I meant 60. 

eschiss1

Maybe if MDG ever continues that series past volume 2, the Concert Overture in B-flat will show up...

JimL

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 03 October 2012, 16:11
Maybe if MDG ever continues that series past volume 2, the Concert Overture in B-flat will show up...
What I want to know is when will it show up on Amazon or ArkivMusic as a download?

Peter1953

Quote from: JimL on Wednesday 03 October 2012, 14:59
Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 03 October 2012, 04:48
Duh!  I knew that!  I have the cello concertos!  >:(  I meant 60.

Not a mistake to be ashamed of, Jim. MDG thinks it's op. 63  ;D

JimL

I think they have it conflated with the Op. 43 Triumphal Overture.  Let me check up to make sure.

Nope.  MDG has the Triumphal Overture, properly labelled as Op. 43. ;D

And I've found the Dmitri Donskoy Overture on Classicsonline available for download.

eschiss1

_Effectively_ a concert overture unless someone finds the rest of that first opera of the composer's, most or all of which is missing or destroyed, I gather.