News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Booksales

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 21 October 2012, 18:54

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Went to the local semiannual booksale (the Friends of the Library Booksale) yesterday and picked up 11 pieces of sheet music for 10c (local US currency) apiece - two editions of organ score, a song by Frank Bridge, 8 or so early turn-of-the-20th-century (or so - Carl Heins, Clara Krogmann, others) piano pieces (in many cases, with a thought to seeing if IMSLP had them, to scan and upload them if not; have already done so with one of them.)  I love these sales... i mean - $1.10 ? :) ...

(Noticed Emerson Whithorne's name on one score- not as composer, but as author of the preface - as I was buying it. Yay for coincidence, and my thanks to those who introduced me to his name and music. )

(Except for the organ music, almost all the music I got... might list it in an edit... was composed before 1918 or at worst 1922 in some cases- I think published around then in those particular editions - in some cases anyway...  but according to HMB, first published earlier, actually; I'll have to check again...  so anyway most of this should fall under the tent.

Just wanted to grin briefly and also, recommend visiting similar sales to those wanting to make similar acquisitions (to play, study, ...) to whom this had not occurred, if there are any reading this for whom this is the case... (that would be me, a few years ago- and even then I had all those scores I'd bought and only thought of that additional use of scanning them in some time after receiving a scanner as a present :) - even though I didn't have much other use for them, except maybe typesetting practice (LilyPond), not being an instrumentalist. ... Anyway.)

Eric