Irgens-Jensen on cpo

Started by eschiss1, Monday 15 October 2012, 04:42

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

The cpo recording of works by Irgens-Jensen mentioned here has now been released in some zones, it seems (see JPC).  The items are the symphony (again), the partita, the theme and variations, the passacaglia (again) and a few less-familiar items?... - Air, Kong Baldvines Armring-Suite, Rondo Marziale. 

Alan Howe

This is an interesting release, but beyond the revised remit of UC, I fear.

eschiss1

Yes. Actually carefully re-reading the incoherent revised remit, I understand. (Not a statement about Irgens-Jensen, whose music - especially those premiered works - I do not know well enough to say, but I do.)

Mark Thomas

Eric, if you can reduce the "incoherence" of the revised remit then I'd be very grateful for your input.

eschiss1

I can try, some, though I may up just expanding on/amplifying what I see as a problem instead, with my "solution"...hrm. Well. Worth a go. Will get back to you soon on that...

Mark Thomas

OK. Thanks. It's difficult to be succinct. Private email would be better I think.

Martin Anderson

Those of you interested in Irgens-Jensen might like to know that the translation of Arvid Vollnes' book of the composer is already being corrected in proof and, all being well, should be published by Toccata Press before the end of the year.
Cheers
Martin