Bristow - must be a slip of the keystroke

Started by JimL, Thursday 18 October 2012, 01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

I don't know if it's possible to go into the Archive section and fix something, but George Frederick Bristow's Arcadian Symphony (#4) is plainly in E minor, not D minor, like the 2nd.  Hearing them back to back it's quite evident.  That is one DL, BTW, that would be quite eligible for removal from the Archives and transplantation into the current downloads, IMHO.

eschiss1

I think that since it is from an LP set rather than from a broadcast, the revised guidelines say no to that (erm... I assume it is, anyway? Hrm.)
And thanks for the revision.

Mark Thomas

I've changed the key to E minor. Thanks, Jim. As Eric says, the recordings come from old LPs and so there is no case for moving it to the active Downloads board, and there is little point either as the posts in the archived board remain perfectly accessible and their links are still live unless the uploader has removed the original file. Both Bristow Symphonies are still available as they are my uploads.

JimL

Well, a case can be made on moral, if not legal grounds!  ;)

Mark Thomas

Burden me not with questions of morality and legality, Jim. All the archived downloads can still be found either using the search function or manually and I'm not going to start moving them around now.

JimL

I'm ribbing you, Mark.  It shouldn't be burdensome. :-[