intoclassics.net - need a little assistance

Started by jerfilm, Wednesday 26 December 2012, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Not sure where to put this.  This site has been mentioned several times in different threads and I find it useful to occasionally find music unavailable elsewhere.

My question is, there seem to be threads where there is no visible download link..  At least, I can't see one.  For example, today on page 3 is a recording of early Mendelssohn Piano Quartets.  But I can't find the link altho several people has said "thanks".   What am I missing?  Christopher, perhaps?

Thanks

Jerry

Mark Thomas

Maybe, like here, you need to register to see the links? Also, as I can't understand Russian, I have to view the pages through Google Translate. Might that be knocking out the links?

Mark Thomas

Yes, Jerry, you need to register to see some (but, curiously, not all) the links. Some interesting stuff there, but I'm not sure of the legality...

jerfilm

Me either.  Just have to tread water lightly.....

Thanks for the information.  Will try registering.  I have the same problem.  Everything has to go through translate and while it works pretty well, it certainly isn't faultless....

J

Christopher

Hello Jerry. Sometimes I have found that the link is hidden in the text without having been made into a URL (is that the terms?), so it's not immediately visible if you are scanning the page quickly.  Feel free to send me the links of the page in question and I'll have a look....