News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

C.G. Belcke

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 26 December 2012, 13:44

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

mundane topic but does anyone know any music by a flutist-composer Christian Gottlieb Belcke?

(Quiet here? Unusually, unusually quiet. If this fails to post one shall know why.)

Alan Howe

It's the Xmas season, Eric.

Best wishes, by the way.

eschiss1

Yes, it is, very true. And thank you. And happy Boxing Day, if that tradition is still practiced.

jerfilm

Gentlemen, he sez with tongue in cheek (paraphrasing certain uno-named Administrative Officials) , let's stick to the topic, please....... ??? ???

Happy Holidays to everyone from cold, snowy Minnesota.  Soon to be off to sunny California.... 8) 8)

(Never could follow orders.......)

Jerry

Alan Howe

Anyway, I don't know Belcke. Grove has only the following:

Belcke, Christian Gottlieb
(b.Lucka, Altenberg, 1796 ; d.Lucka, 1875)
Ger. flautist, for many years in Leipzig Gewandhaus Orch. Comp. fl. concs. and fantasias.

eschiss1

Thanks! I see some slightly longer biographies online at Grandemusica and elsewhere, actually, and a scanned-in contemporary review of a published work too, but no scanned-in music by him yet nor I think any recordings, so having seen a work of his mentioned in HMB, I was (yes, trainspotter syndrome, yes, yes- I am an ASpie, I've mentioned this :) ) curious.  Hrm...
Cheers!

Alan Howe

You are a highly-valued and much-respected member of our online community, Eric. So keep on trainspotting, because you'll continue to uncover untold musical riches, I'm sure...

eschiss1