Even more Raff on its way from Sterling

Started by Mark Thomas, Wednesday 23 January 2013, 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Interesting. I can't connect to the website either.

Mark Thomas

Yes, the web site is down. I'll tell Bo Hyttner in case he doesn't know.

On the question of the ever-imminent CD set, Bo wrote to me on 13th December: "Regarding the two set Raff, we have now a new master. We will reintroduce this production into the market with the new master, together with a number of new products that we have been waiting to release".  The last I heard from him was on 11th February: "Regarding Raff, the corrected masters have been sent to Wyastone, for replacement. I hope by now you will be pleased with the result." Well, so do I, but it would be good to see the set available at long last. Wyastone, for those who don't know, is a reference to Nimbus who manufacture Sterling's CDs.

TerraEpon

I posted it above, but I'll post it again: www.wyastone.co.uk/swiss-romantics-joachim-raff-orchestral-works-1848.html
It's letting you order it now, I don't believe you could back when I posted it last.

Mark Thomas

Thanks, that's hopeful. The Sterling web site is back up, by the way.

Alan Howe

Thanks. It'll be good to hear whether the new master actually addresses the problems which beset the original.

Mark Thomas

That's the whole point of making a replacement - so it had better!

Alan Howe

adriano

How now one will recognise optically the old from the new issue? Does Wyastone sell only the new one?

Mark Thomas

I believe that the few copies of the original faulty pressings which were distributed by Sterling have been returned to them at their request. So when the set finally goes on sale (it still isn't yet to my knowledge) then it will only be the new pressings supplied to retailers direct by Wyastone.

Sharkkb8

Frequent attempts to find this elusive item may have finally paid off, and maybe there's light at the end of the sad tunnel-story.  It is now on the MDT website, for quite an attractive £10.50 price, especially good for a 2-cd set.  Plus, for us colonists, MDT is always a preferred order source when they have availability, as their shipping charge is quite minimal (£1.50), at least compared to the amusingly-transparent "shipping charge" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) of, say, jpc!  Anyway, my finger is hovering over MDT's "submit order" button but thought I'd ask if anyone has any news or input, to further confirm that this will, in fact, be the newly mastered version?  I know Mark said any new availability ought to be the corrected version, but considering the history, just being cautious.  Then again, if the general membership so votes, I will volunteer to be the guinea pig and buy, and report back with official findings.   8) ::) 8)

http://www.mdt.co.uk/raff-joachim-orchestral-works-goteborgs-operaorkester-henrik-schaefer-sterling-2cds.html

Gregory

Mark Thomas

This is news to me Gregory, but I suspect that it'll be the newly-pressed re-issue as MDT had no stock before, and they're in the UK where the CDs are now manufactured by Wyastone. I'll check with Bo Hyttner, though. Keep that finger hovering a few moments longer!

Mark Thomas

The immediate answer from Bo is "maybe"! Wyastone has the new master and they are in charge of distribution, so I think that in all likelihood this MDT advertisement is the first evidence that this set will at last be available. That said, Bo is checking with Wyastone and will get back to me.

Sharkkb8

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Wednesday 27 April 2016, 08:01
This is news to me Gregory, but ....Keep that finger hovering a few moments longer!

Too late!    8) 8)

Mark Thomas

I think that you'll be OK, but as soon as I get confirmation I'll post it here.

Mark Thomas

Gregory, I am now assured by Bo that it is the new pressing, so all should be OK. I have yet to hear it myself, however, so I can't guarantee that the issues which required the making of a new master have been resolved. To that extent, I'm afraid that it's still fingers crossed!